News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Door panel material

Started by GaryI72, 2014-04-29 11:26

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryI72

I'm looking for someone who supplies this material. Tried lebaron Bonney and local. The will sell me the panels, but not the material. Thanks.

Ford Blue blood

Try SMS, they have stuff for every thing that was ever built, or so it seams, not cheap but they can provide.

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

GaryI72

Just got off the phone with SMS.  They will sell me the skins, but not by the yard. I have different plans for the upper trim on the doors. I just needed the bottom and center.  I guess I'm naive, I thought you could just buy it in rolls. SMS says they have the vinyl, then press the pattern in. And they told me they wouldn't be done until the end of the year. :-0

VwDrvFnd

Not at home right now but let me check my catalogs when i get home, i know i have one in there that sells by the yard and is the factory correct material. I just cant remember the name off hand.
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: GaryI72 on 2014-04-29 12:14
Just got off the phone with SMS.  They will sell me the skins, but not by the yard. I have different plans for the upper trim on the doors. I just needed the bottom and center.  I guess I'm naive, I thought you could just buy it in rolls. SMS says they have the vinyl, then press the pattern in. And they told me they wouldn't be done until the end of the year. :-0

Yup, they are not fast, the vinyl material for my 65 Thunderbird Special Landau roof only took four months.  They just happened to have a roll of vinyl of the correct color, just had to press the correct grain into it so it got to me much faster then the six to eight month estimate.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

GaryI72

Just found out I can get the silver material from Lebaron. So that's one down!

jumping jack flash

So it SEAMS......Great play on words , even if it may have been accidental. Perhaps, Sew it Seams  would be a good name for an upholstery shop.

geraldchainsaw

i don't know about the material,  but for the silver i used a type of silver leaf,  had to use 4 pieces & then i covered it with clear vinyl so it never gets touched again

GaryI72

Decided to go custom panels for now. I guess if I don't like it I'll give SMS a call and get the skins. We're trying to get road ready by Father's Day. Not that panels are needed to get it there.