News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

MSD Distributor

Started by KidKourier, 2008-02-04 00:26

Previous topic - Next topic

KidKourier

Just finished installing a MSD-- Plug and Play distributor #8383 in my 57 Courier running a Ford Y-Block. In the directions that they send they state that some modification is necessary to install. They're right! the only 2 ways to install it on a y-block in a 57 that I see is to either unbolt the engine and trans and move it forward 1" to 2" to slide it in and then move it back and rebolt it.this leaves little room to install or remove plug wires or cap! Or,cut the lip off the firewall  4" each side so it will fit,which leaves you with welding the lip together(2 piece) and smoothing it out. If your going to change from points you may want to go with the Petronix module kit for stock distributor( my points cam was worn and couldn't keep them adjusted) or they say they have a new distributor for the Y-Block! If so, I'd check the overall size and length with the stock one to avoid this situation with the firewall! Other then that she runs great,starts up right now with no hesitation.  SKIP :006: