News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wiper assembly

Started by slo poke, 2014-08-04 16:08

Previous topic - Next topic

slo poke

Thanks to all that posted about wiper cables. I had to replace driver's side pivot arm today. Came apart easy enough but spent 4 hours trying to get cables right. The manual I have proved to be useless, so I began searching old posts.Hats off to cool57 for the diagram, 45 minutes later the car is back in one piece and the wipers work great.  Thanks

Ecode70D

Quote from: slo poke on 2014-08-04 16:08
Thanks to all that posted about wiper cables. I had to replace driver's side pivot arm today. Came apart easy enough but spent 4 hours trying to get cables right. The manual I have proved to be useless, so I began searching old posts.Hats off to cool57 for the diagram, 45 minutes later the car is back in one piece and the wipers work great.  Thanks

Slo Poke
    I always said that working on those cables is not fun.   I'm glad that I did mine when the engine was out of the car.  Now that you have them working and you know where the pullies are, don't forget to keep them lubricated.
    Jay