News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranch Wagon Interior Pictures

Started by Raven Rider, 2014-09-30 21:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Rider

Can someone please post up pictures of your finished interior esp. the headliner front and above the rear window/hatch.  I'm working on a new interior and I just got it back from upholstery and the the front and esp. the rear window/hatch corners are missing some thing.  thanks

jwtdvm

just got back from a car show and looked at an Edsel wagon---It had a 2 piece metal trim piece that covers the end of the headliner---All the way home I am trying to think of something similar to find for my 57 wagon---Get to looking thru all my painted/clean interior pieces that I restored 4 years ago probably and lo and behold I find those 2 pieces--So there is a metal trim piece painted that covers that area

Raven Rider

Thanks if you can post a picture I would appreciate it.  I will look in my manuals again to see if I can figure it out. 

jwtdvm

I am willing to bet it would take me a day and a half to figure out how to post picture---call me and I can picture and text with my phone when I get home which will probably be hour from now--my number is 404-409-3094

gasman826

fresh today

petew

In the process of doing the headliner on my 57 Country Sedan right now and there is no evidence that it ever had a trim piece like the one shown in gasmans pictures. I wish I had that trim as it would solve the problem of how to terminate or finish the headliner at the back.
When I got my car it had a soft piece of trim back there with about 2 dozen staples in it and it was still falling off.

Pete

robhaerr

Pete...

Please keep us updated!

I have exactly the same situation on my country sedan.

I have figured I may have to make something out of vinyl stripping or something(?)

Rob

gasman826

The trim in the pictures is steel.  Ranch Wagons aren't so rare that those pieces would be available.

Raven Rider

I don't have the trim but I think I know where to get it.  I will keep you posted it will take me a few days.