News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Barris '57 Custom for sale

Started by gasman826, 2014-10-28 09:19

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

the Edsel taillights are a natural on a 57 Kustom. Not to disgrace a master, but those front and rear square - er  roll-pans and fenderskirts and sunk plate. it's all just incredibly awful. Going with Lou, is this really a Barris car or did he just do some minor work on it.

djfordmanjack

the green 57 obviously is a tribute car to one of the greatest all time customs, Winfields 56 Merc Jade idol. that quad headlight setup works way better in the sectioned Merc.

that bullet grille in the green 57, it is just ugly IMHO

57AGIN

Guys:

About the only thing I can add is that both of those cars were built/customized at a time when we were a whole lot younger and hadn't yet had the opportunity to see the evolution of styles in later years.  There were a number of cars in the 50's that seemed to lend themselves to some pretty far out custom treatments.  To some people back in the late 50's those  two customized cars probably seemed to be really cool. 

For myself, I believe that the American auto industry as a whole reached a pinnacle in 1957.  Just about every manufacturer in 1957 had a pretty darn good looking car that year.  Then look what happened in 1958 and 59, ugh.  I've always thought that the 57 Ford was one of the best of the best and doesn't need wholesale alterations.  Our 57's look pretty darn good whether done in stock, resto-mod, pro-street, or full on race car treatments.  But, what do I know anyway? 

Bob
57 AGIN

hotroddonnie

Well said/keyboarded Bob. HRD

hiball3985

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2014-10-31 15:03
I was expecting it to look like this automotive abortion...
When I look at that it makes me think it must have a turbine engine......
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

JPotter57

That one is bad but believe me, I've seen worse.  The one I was looking for was for sale on epay a couple years ago, had those angled Lincoln or Chrysler hesdlights and a sculpted and contoured front and rear...looked terrible.  The only recognizable feature of a 57 was the a pillars.  Everything else was ruined beyond recognition.  I agree with you Bob.  I do like mild custom stuff, though I wouldn't ever do it to my own car.  The radical stuff, nah, not interested.  Some cars look better left alone bodywise.   The only other car, to me anyway, that came close to Fordin 57, is theb57 Buick.  The rest are ok, much better than 58, but Buick was styling in 57.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.