News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Tire Sizes/Wheel Back Spacing

Started by KYBlueOval, 2014-11-16 06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

Can you guys please tell me what size 15" and/or 16" tires and wheels fit a 1957 Ranchero.
What Tire sizes and Wheel back spacing, both front and rear, can one get under a '57 Ranchero ( I'm thinking largest size tire ).......assuming the front and rear might be different.
Thanks
John

hiball3985

Did you look in the Technical section of the forum? At the bottom there is some good information in the Tire and Wheels section..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

KYBlueOval

I'll take a look. Didn't know it was there. Thanks
John

Limey57

Gary

1957 Ranchero

lalessi1

I just went through all of the this on my Custom. I have !5 X 7 Vintique steel wheels front and back with 4.25" back spacing. Using 225/60 series tires I can put the wheel/tire combo on the back without disconnecting the shocks. In my opinion if you go with wider rims you will need different backspacing (or front spacers) front and rear to keep the same rim widths all around. The edge of the tire on the stock lip rear fender is less than an 1" from rubbing. The inside edge of the rim is less than 1" from the spindle on the front. I considered using custom made 16 steel wheels 8" wide /4.75 back spacing but settled for the 15 X 7's at half the cost. I have dog dish caps, looking for a stock look and decent cornering manners. I thought about the 15 X 8 - 4.25 BS Vintiques but I was convinced that the back spacing was too small for the back opting for clearance especially when changing the wheel/tire.

Not trying to confuse the issue.....
Lynn

Lynn

KYBlueOval

Exactly what information I was looking for .
Thanks
John