News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

T-Bird inline Filter & Engine Paint color

Started by VwDrvFnd, 2014-12-03 16:31

Previous topic - Next topic

VwDrvFnd

I got a couple of general questions i can't seem to find the correct answers to.
I ordered a T-bird inline fuel filter (the kind with the glass bowl) I was wondering if anyone knows what size fuel line and fittings I need to connect it to my factory fuel line.
I also recentally aquired a factory 4 bbl intake and Holley carb and am doing a valley cover swap to an early 60's pan with the PCV and baffel. i want to repaint the parts the original Ford orange/red engine color but i am not sure of the correct color code or the best source to get the correct engine paint. Does anyone know? 
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

petew

The correct fuel line for that filter would be 5/16" , Casco Tbird parts has the proper pre bent lines, filter support bracket, filter fittings and carb fitting for the Holley 4bbl carb. Eastwood sells the proper engine paint in quarts and Duplicolor makes it in rattle cans as I recall, I think I may have purchased the rattle cans from Autozone if I recall correctly.

Pete

VwDrvFnd

Thanks for the Info Pete!

Quote from: petew on 2014-12-05 12:35
The correct fuel line for that filter would be 5/16" , Casco Tbird parts has the proper pre bent lines, filter support bracket, filter fittings and carb fitting for the Holley 4bbl carb. Eastwood sells the proper engine paint in quarts and Duplicolor makes it in rattle cans as I recall, I think I may have purchased the rattle cans from Autozone if I recall correctly.

Pete
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

Limey57

The Eastwood engine paint is good stuff, I used it before on my previous car and it covers really well and still looked factory fresh after two years use.  I used it over an epoxy primer.
Gary

1957 Ranchero