News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

wagon interior corner panels

Started by djfordmanjack, 2014-12-10 05:20

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

My old Delivery had the huge cargo lid, hinged on top. it had a specially designed stand to the right to keep it in open position. I kind of remember that I had to remove the stand before I could take out the corner. I am not sure if the bolt goes through the corner panel also.  the Courier has no garnish molding inside, it is just a wooden panel. I did work on it over 15 yrs ago, so my memory is a bit hazy. In general the shape of the corners is the same.

gasman826

Those Courier rear door support arms are monsters!  I have one up in the loft somewhere.

djfordmanjack

yes, that arm was a heavy ripple design thing. the Delivery lift gate is just a monster. it is heavy even though it is spring assisted. but nothing compared to my friends '56 Nomad gates. they are just extremely heavy and impractical to lift. now I understand why they call that thing a sports wagon  :002: :003:
I managed to finish the corners today. 2 things off the list.

MrArt2u

Nice work, man!

I know I only drew the template but it's gratifying to see it printed out halfway across the world alongside the finished product.

Very nice....

djfordmanjack

glad you like it.  I am amazed each time again, how close this internet stuff has brought info, parts and friends between continents.
I still remember times when you could only order parts with fax and getting a mail order catalog from the US was like Christmas... :003:
15 yrs ago it was nearly impossible to find infos like this over here in central Europe. Very thankful for this forum and all the great helpful guys !