News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rear Bumpers

Started by KYBlueOval, 2015-01-07 13:07

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

Is a '57 Custom 300 Rear Bumper the same bumper as on a '57 Ranch Wagon and '57 Ranchero?
Thanks

gasman826

Almost.  The wagon and Ranchero bumpers have holes for the license plate light wires.

djfordmanjack

I never thought about that and you're right !

lalessi1

Bumper guards are different too....right?
Lynn

RICH MUISE

I might be wrong, but I don't think the Rancheros and wagons had bumper guards (Limey calls them overriders..love that term) because of the tailgates. I looked at a few wagon pics and they didn't have any...but that doesn't mean they never had them.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-01-07 21:15
I might be wrong, but I don't think the Rancheros and wagons had bumper guards (Limey calls them overriders..love that term) because of the tailgates. I looked at a few wagon pics and they didn't have any...but that doesn't mean they never had them.

Rich...Rancheros   do have bumper guards.  I took this rear bumper off of mine before I offered it for sale. When I put it on the custom, I put SS bumper bolts in most of the holes.  It will do for now.  Sometimes we have to do whatever we have to do to get them on the road

57chero

The picture of the red and white 58 ranchero posted by Ecode70D  has different bumper guards than a 57 ranchero or wagon.

hiball3985

Ranchero bumper guards house the license plate lights.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Jay, wow. you shouldn't have sold the 58. that is one good looking sports truck ! yes the 58 bumperguards look different and better in my opinion. So now you got me started again. looking for a pair ( of probably super rare) 58 'chero guards now... :005:

edit, I just realized that there's something else in the pic  :002: :003:

djfordmanjack

And I just figured out I can't even use the 58 guards, because they are much closer to the center than the 57s  :005:. our license plates are just huge and they wouldn't fit in the narrow recess. My old Canadian built Courier again had different bumper guards, most probably because the one piece cargo door was hinged on top and the Ranchero/wagon tailgate goes down.

KYBlueOval

Quote from: gasman826 on 2015-01-07 13:32
Almost.  The wagon and Ranchero bumpers have holes for the license plate light wires.

Thanks for the reply. Other than the hole or holes for the license plate wiring, is the Custom 300 rear Bumper the exact same size and shape as a Ranchero and Ranch Wagon ( forgetting the bumper guards ). I can drill a hole for the wiring. I don't want to buy something I can use.
Thanks
John

Ecode70D

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2015-01-08 04:49
Thanks for the reply. Other than the hole or holes for the license plate wiring, is the Custom 300 rear Bumper the exact same size and shape as a Ranchero and Ranch Wagon ( forgetting the bumper guards ). I can drill a hole for the wiring. I don't want to buy something I can use.
Thanks
John

Yes....   It's the same size and shape and it is a bolt on. 

jumping jack flash

The ranchero has a more boxy shaped bumper guard with the plate lights in the inboard side of them. They are shorter than the car 's guards. The spacing of the guards seem to be wider for the car too. The bumpers appear to be the same with different guards.

KYBlueOval

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2015-01-08 05:53
         Yes....   It's the same size and shape and it is a bolt on.
Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it
John

SkylinerRon

Custom 2&4 drs use the same bumper.
Sw, Rancheros & SD  are the same (different than sedans).

Ron.