News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

milling machine

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2015-02-04 03:04

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

hi,  i';m in the market for a mini drill/mill machine,  any one have one,  use one, ?, what can u tell me,  anything out there?,  in the 7 or 800 range,   thanks   jerry

suede57ford

I bought a used Enco a few year ago for about a grand.  I noticed in a recent flyer they are around $1500 new.  Mine did have any tooling with it, so I had to buy some of that to use it.  Mine's not for sale, as when I need to do something simple it really saves me from dealing with others who don't like doing one off stuff in the first place.

I hope you find what you need.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Hoosier Hurricane

About 6 months ago I bought a used Bridgeport Series 1 out of a local tool and die shop.  Many shops are going to NC machining centers and the old manual machines are becoming obsolete.  Are there any used machinery dealers in your area?  They may have them.  The Bridgeport is fairly large, but I made room for it.  It is in excellent condition, I did have to buy a phase converter, I got an electronic one for about $55.  I got the mill for $800, which is about scrap price for it.   John

RICH MUISE

I thought the series 1 Bridgeport was an nc..their first I believe...1970's
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Hoosier Hurricane

Rich:

No, the Series 1 is not NC.  Mine does have the retrofitted digital readouts for all three axis.  Also has power feed for the X axis.  It's a nice machine.  I'm glad it's not NC, I'm not techie enough to run one.

John 

Hoosier Hurricane

Gerry:

A Bridgeport showed up on the Muncie, In. Craigslist yesterday, the smallest one Bridgeport made, 110 volt motor.  $1200.  I have no connection with the seller or the machine, just saw the ad and thought about you.

John