News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

look what i found

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2015-02-05 00:02

Previous topic - Next topic

canadian_ranchero

the front shocks on my wagon were original ford

Zapato

and made in Canada, many moons ago a friend of mine who managed a large auto parts warehouse told me that most shocks and mufflers used by the oems were made in Canada wonder if that is still true.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hiball3985

I always ran Gabriel shocks ( Adjustable E's ) on all my cars and trucks, If I remember correctly they were Canadian. So I got some for the 57 last year and they say made in Mexico..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: Zapato on 2015-02-05 10:14
and made in Canada, many moons ago a friend of mine who managed a large auto parts warehouse told me that most shocks and mufflers used by the oems were made in Canada wonder if that is still true.

Zap- :unitedstates:

Yes,All P&J,SoCal shocks are made in Canada.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

SkylinerRon

Gabriel made a lot of oem shocks for Ford & AMC.

Ron.

Ecode70D

I'm just curious ...  That was when they made things to last.  How do those shocks feel now?
I wouldn't be surprised if they feel fine.

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2015-02-06 06:27
    I'm just curious ...  That was when they made things to last.  How do those shocks feel now?
I wouldn't be surprised if they feel fine.
if were not for the bottom bushing being poor,i would have left them in.feel as good if not better than the new ones

djfordmanjack

I have bought cheap new shocks to donate their rubber bushings and rebushed older but quality shocks with them. can be done and worth the effort, considering how fast new products wear out these days unfortunately.