News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Dash - Clock Delete Cover

Started by 65kcode, 2015-02-05 16:12

Previous topic - Next topic

65kcode

Did Ford ever make a clock delete plate like they did for the radio holes in the 60's Galaxy's and Fairlanes?

I am putting a CD player in the dash, the dash had been previously butchered for a cassete deck, so I don't need another clock on the dash.

Kevin

lalessi1

Ford made a clock delete plate and a radio delete plate in 1957. They didn't make a one piece for both though. I have a clock delete plate...chrome plated plastic.
Lynn

65kcode

That's good to know. I just need a clock delete plate. I will start the search....

Thanks,
Kevin

65kcode

Lynn, how long is the clock delete plate? If you have it close...

Kevin

lalessi1

Both delete plates are the same size as the face plates they replace. I'll check. BTW you can have the clock delete plate I have if you want... not pretty though, it needs replating. Oh yeah, I have to find it too!
Lynn

Ford Blue blood

I have one you can have if Lynn can't find his....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JPotter57

Awesome, guys..it's why I love this site so much.  ALL car based websites should be like this.  Yeah, yeah, I'm biased, I know.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

lalessi1

It measures exactly 4" long. This one looks painted silver, not sure if it came this way or not. Here is a pic;
Lynn

rmk57

I'm still looking for the heater delete plate. Checked e-bay every couple days for the last year or two, the closest one I  found had a hole drilled through the centre, I guess for an after market heater. The search continues.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Jeff Norwell

I would love to have a heater delete car.I have a plate,But I could never get a safety inspection with out a heater or defrost.It's law here,and I like the factory set up.

Oh yea, it's 12 below right now.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Zapato

just curious, they're the same length are they different or can they be used for either application?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

65kcode

Wow, I wasn't expecting to have multiple offers to give them away. All the pieces on my dash have been cut up with what looks like a sawz-all and then put on the dash.

Thanks guys for all the information!

Lynn, I messaged you.

Kevin

rmk57

Quote from: Zapato on 2015-02-06 18:27
just curious, they're the same length are they different or can they be used for either application?

Zap- :unitedstates:

The heater plate is slightly longer.

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2015-02-06 17:48
I would love to have a heater delete car.I have a plate,But I could never get a safety inspection with out a heater or defrost.It's law here,and I like the factory set up.

Oh yea, it's 12 below right now.

in b.c. Your saftey inspection would only apply to the features your car came with. My 57 doesn't have to have seatbelts, but I'm going to install some one day.
If you need a good home for that delete plate let me know.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

JPotter57

Mine is everything delete, but I have the dealer heater/defroster that I plan to add, because it is so humid here, you NEED a defogger..hate it, but I hate not being able to see out worse.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.