News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

First post and WIPER PROBLEM!!!

Started by swedline, 2008-03-14 11:29

Previous topic - Next topic

swedline

Hi everybody! My name is Rikard and i live in sweden so please have patience with my grammar and spelling. And there's lot's of words missing in my english...

Anyway i have this problem with my wipers, everthing was stuck, all those little wheels and cabels. NOTHING would move!! The vacuum motor? is missing and i guess the wipers haven't been used for many years. The car came to sweden about a year ago from CA and i guess they didn't need the wipers there, but here in sweden i sure do!!

I have succeed to get all those wheels (is wheels the right word?) to work and everything else is lose. But my problem now is to get everything back as it was, i mean the cables and so. I'm pretty sure i got everything right accept for were the four cables connects to the ???Hmm,,,the round thing thats is on the motorshaft??!! I don't know which cable who should go here and which one should go there!! Maybe anyone has a photo or could make a drawing to help me. I have been working on this for MANY hours and now i'm starting to give up. (and get mad) I red somewhere in the forum that someone else had the same problem as i and got the advice to NOT touch the cables if they did work cause it's hard to fix them and put them back in the right place. Now i have learned the hard way that he was absolutely right :003:...

Hope someone can help me.
Thanks
/Rikard

57 Ford Kustom

Welcome to the site. The best way to address you problem is to get a service manual and on page 8-27&28 it explains how to and pictures. Or maybe some one on here that is smart can scan the 2 pages and post them, it is more than I can do.

Good Luck
TOM :unitedstates: :burnout:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

swedline

Tom
Thanks for your reply. Yes it would be great if someone could scan those pages. Getting a manual is a good idea, i probably will need one sooer or later anyway. And it would be good to learn from the book what parts are valled in english!! :003: I will see if if and where i can find one. But untill then i hope someone could send me those pages so i can get this fixed asap.

I really like your car Tom. Mine is lowered and chaved to, allso got lake pipes on it. Will post a picture later. Did you fabricate the tube grill? I found grills on E-bay, looks nice and i'm thinking of getting one.

:006:
/Rikard

Fairlane500Ron

I'll try to scan and send.....here goes...Ron

Fairlane500Ron

57 Ford Kustom

Rikard :006:
   The tube grille is something that I bought at a flee market in the early 80's. It was in my other 57 when I gave the car to my son so he thinks that the grille is his.  I just got a custom grille off from ePay, it is 2 54 Olds grille bars welded together with 9 54 Chev. teeth. The other thing that I have used is a 59 Ford grille shortened .
    Good luck with your wipers.

Tom :unitedstates: :burnout:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

bagboy

Hi, Wecome.A good move would use an electric motor from 55-57 chevy.Bolts right up.

swedline

Thanks allot for all your help. It's great, i think i will get it fixed with now :003:....And if not i'll be back with more questions!!!

Bagboy
I think i will go for a electric motor when/if i can find one. Just have to get the cables organized first :003:...

Tom
I can take the grille so that you and your son don't have to argue over it!! :003:

/Rikard

JPotter57

Welcome to the site Rikard...hope it helps you out....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

Welcome Rikard,
I had to redo the cables on my wipers. Not a pleasant job. Just takes time.
I still need to get a motor for them.
Good Luck, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

cool57

Quote from: Rikard de Besche on 2008-03-15 16:23
Thanks allot for all your help. It's great, i think i will get it fixed with now :003:....And if not i'll be back with more questions!!!

Bagboy
I think i will go for a electric motor when/if i can find one. Just have to get the cables organized first :003:...

Tom
I can take the grille so that you and your son don't have to argue over it!! :003:

/Rikard

Look here >>>>>https://www.newportwipers.com/products.php?year=1957&make_id=4

DanTudor57

I'm running a newport electric motor on each of my 57's,  no complaints...

swedline

Hi!!
Guess what?! Yes i managed to get everything where it's supose to be and now it's working!! :003: AND THAT'S THANKS TO YOU GUYS!! :006: Thanks alot....Now i'm planning to get a electric motor, i will ckeck out those links i got....

Thanks again...
/Rikard

1957 Ranch Joe

I have all the parts you would need to fix except cables in cluding ss wipers and blades

Frankenstein57

Joe, that last post was over two years ago, I hope he got it fixed. Mark