News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

A conudrum with a question

Started by Zapato, 2015-02-15 12:41

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Zap....I guess that's the one that was on the 52-59 social club with a video?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

that's the one, didn't know he posted it there also. saw it on the NW HAMBERS group. I've dealt with him before real honest doesn't oversell and tells you everything he knows up front. will head down sometime next week and get it all.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ecode70D

Quote from: Zapato on 2015-02-16 19:40
that's the one, didn't know he posted it there also. saw it on the NW HAMBERS group. I've dealt with him before real honest doesn't oversell and tells you everything he knows up front. will head down sometime next week and get it all.

Good for you Zap.  I'm glad that you got it.

SkylinerRon

Zap,
Good for you.
Use 57 up pass. car manifolds. They are the largest internally.
Good for 10-15 hp alone over the early stuff.
The 57 4bl intake is also very good.
Goodluck,
Ron.

djfordmanjack

good decision ! take care with exhaust manifolds, there are earlier manifolds with smaller cross section, as said you'd want 1957 pssgr/dual exhaust manifolds. If you want I can look for the casting numbers on mine, so you will be looking for the right ones.
really interested what the engine turns out to be. Once pulled a Y from a 53(!) Merc until I found it was an original Dearborn foundry 1957. later blocks are great too, have provisions for full PCV.

SkylinerRon

All the 57-up pass car manifolds are the large size.
56 back are much smaller and some have the crossover pipe.
Some have a tube for the auto choke line (60 up I think).
57 up distributor is a must also.
Goodluck,
Ron.

Ecode70D

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2015-02-17 23:11
57 up distributor is a must also.
Goodluck,
Ron.

Your'e not kidding about the 57 up distributor.  I found that out last year when I discovered that I had a 56 one  in my engine and didn't realize it..   The 57 makes a world of difference.

Zapato

heading down either monday or tuesday to pick it up,now know its a 62 292. think I'll be using a T85 3 sp out of a 57 bird that is now behind a 57 olds J2. looking for a passenger car bell housing will figure out some way to use a hydraulic slave cylinder rather than mess with z-bar etc... guess will also be searching for a floor shifter. so if my father-in-law keeps himself medically ok for a few days it 'll be home soon.

dj would love to have the right casting numbers.

Zapato

djfordmanjack

Zap, this is what you'd be looking for
EDB 9430-A       (right side/pssgr)
EDB 9431-B       (left/drvr)

BWhitmore

On Ebay now.

Zapato

leaving here in a few minutes headed south to La Pine, Or to pick up the 292 and all the rest of the load, found a passenger car bell housing yesterday all by accident. seems like y-block parts are not so hard to find after all. still looking for exhaust manifolds, 4bbl intake manifold and an autolite 4100 carb.

Zapato

Zapato

its mine and its home. good day was had by all.

Zapato

Zapato

guy sent me an e-mail today with pictures of a pair of exhaust manifolds, wants $125- +shipping good deal or not? let me know.

Zapato

Jeff Norwell

Zap,
I think that is a good deal, can't buy headers for that.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Zapato on 2015-03-11 23:09
guy sent me an e-mail today with pictures of a pair of exhaust manifolds, wants $125- +shipping good deal or not? let me know.

Go for it!  Just sold a good pair for 200 + the ride and he never flinched.  That was a number I pulled out of my b___, had no idea they were going in the 2 - 300 range.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II