News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Swift Sure brake

Started by Ecode70D, 2015-02-17 22:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

I'm installing the  factory Swift Sure Power brake unit in my car.  Would someone with that unit please take a picture of his firewall for me so I can see exactly what hole is  used for the vacuum hose.   I would like to do it correctly the first time.  Thanks in advance.   Jay

RICH MUISE

Can't answer your question, but I'm wondering where you came up with that silly concept of doing it right the first time? That's just not how things are done, Jay.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Yeah Rich
    That is silly isn't it?   
     FWIW  That is a 1958 Ford illustration of the unit because my 1957 Ford shop manual does not have a better/complete one.
     So I have to go to the experts who know for sure which way to run that hose..   Jay

hiball3985

If and when I see the one local Fairlane again I'll see if he has power brakes. I know the other two 57's in the area don't.

Where E-codes available with power brakes? Does the 2x4 manifold have a vacuum port?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

SkylinerRon

When i can dig thru the the snow i'll check for you.

Ron.

Ecode70D

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2015-02-22 00:50
When i can dig thru the the snow i'll check for you.

Ron.
Ron
  Thank you very much.  I certainly will look forward to that but don't do too much snow digging if you can help it.
   Jay   

dgasman

Here is a pic of were  the hose goes thru the firewall on my 58 ranchero with factory installed sure swift PB . The hose is in the hole next to the wire bulk head hole. Hope this helps
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

Ecode70D

Dgasman
    Thank you very much.
    That's perfect now I can punch that particular plug out..   It looks like you have a dual master cylinder like I do.  Is there any improvement with the Swift Sure system?   Jay   

junior58

Here it is on my 57.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Ecode70D

Quote from: junior58 on 2015-02-22 19:00
Here it is on my 57.

Steve
   Thank you very much for the picture.  Now it is very clear where the hole location is.  Jay