News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wagon and Ranchero Tailgate Handles

Started by Mavaholic, 2015-04-28 17:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Mavaholic

The crest is no longer produced and very hard to find. The last one I saw on Ebay went for over $100. I went down to my local printer and came up with this alternative. It is a vinyl decal. The same material they use to do those car and truck wraps with. I applied it to one of my crests and reinserted it into the handle. It will never look as good as a new one but a whole lot better than the faded original. I spent over $100 getting this done because having to resize it a few times for the best fit. But I can get a dozen more printed at a very reasonable rate now that the set up work is done. I'm thinking at $20 per copy if there is an interest in them.

Raven Rider

did you apply this to the inside or the outside?

Mavaholic

The decal goes on over the top of the insert, or on the outside, as I'm guessing thats what your asking. Since the insert is normally not removable, the decal can be cut down and applied without removing the handle from the car. Mine was already off the car and in pieces.

Limey57

Looks neat.  For mine I cleaned all of the blue, black, red and white paint off the back using thinners, then polished the inside with automotive paint cutting compound.  I then used modelers enamel paints in the right colour to repaint the emblem from the reverse side, I took my time and it came out quite neat.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Mavaholic

That sounds like a good solution as long as you dont have any cracks in it like mine.