News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Jim Sleeper, suspension guru

Started by robhaerr, 2008-03-24 20:06

Previous topic - Next topic

robhaerr

I took my 57 Country Sedan to Jim Sleeper to see if he could help the sway I feel as a result of the 350 Chevy with the rear sump oil pan. The previous owner put in the Chevy and dropped the steering linkage to clear the pan. You have seen photos I posted in the Member's Rides section of this forum.

Sleeper is the guy many go to here in Southern Calif. He said my steering linkage needs to get back to original if I want it to drive nice. He did say my front tires were toed-out 2 inches, which explained the dramatic sway and excessive inside wear on both front tires. He adjusted the tie rods and brought the toe in so the tires are toed-in 1/8"..."so the tires want to go back to 0". They sway is not gone due to the funky geometry of the dropped linkage...but it now drives better.

Bottom line...my next project needs to be a Ford motor and get that linkage back to stock. Time to research a good price for about a 300hp 351W, C6, driveshaft for a good cruisin' and dependable wagon.

Jim Sleeper welcomes your business...very nice guy who knows his stuff.
Sleeper Suspension Development
2974 First Street #D
La Verne, CA 91750
(909) 838-8886
jimsleeper@adelphia.net

He says he is working on a 57 Ford 4-door for a customer who lives in Las Vegas.

(He always puts a wrong phone number in the magazine articles to reduce time consuming calls to his shop)