News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

update on Rich's build

Started by RICH MUISE, 2015-05-07 23:40

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Sorry to hear Rich, but I know the feeling. I have listed mine also.   bawl
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

Ford Blue blood

Getting older with lessening abilities has caused many of us to re-align things in our lives.  I just went through the "reduce the herd" as too many cars combined with a wife with declining health eliminated car time.
 So the cars had to go.  As we age the audience we sell to is also shrinking?  Go figure!  Todays car money scene is shifting and what we like isn't what those with expendable cash like or want.  Friend who is a car nut extraordinaire just found out he has a small brain tumor that will be terminal, 6 - 12 months, only possible "fix" is radiation and that will only extend his life a year or so. He has nine.  Not made a decision on what or how just yet. I will post what he has, condition, modifications and price when he decides.  All GM and a couple of older European cars.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

CobraJoe

Sorry to hear about your buddy, sad.
It's true though, nobody want the cars we like anymore, unfortunately, their tastes' has shifted to the JDM.
I helped a buddy restore his '57 Chevy 2dr hardtop that he has had for 50+ years; his 40 year old kid has no desire to own the car, said he wouldn't keep it if he gave it to him.  :'(
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

hiball3985

I'm in the same boat, age and health has caught up. Worst is a mental problem  :005: , I won't sell mine to just any Yahoo that comes by just because they have money. So have decided to keep it drive it a little when I can and let my family deal with it when I'm gone so I'm not aware of what happens to it.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

geraldchainsaw

just my 2 cnts,    snce  I seem to b the oldest on  this forum,  luckly my health has only been minor  things,  knock on wood,  as  far as   the old cars,  go  to a car  show,  its not cars of the 50's or 60's its  cars from a dealer,  don't have to make any inprovements,   I could  go on & on,  rght now my 57 in for emergency  brakes cables an brakes.   besides,  the way gov is  going  who knows  how long we'll be  able to drive them

KYBlueOval

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2024-09-07 11:59Sorry to hear about your buddy, sad.
It's true though, nobody want the cars we like anymore, unfortunately, their tastes' has shifted to the JDM.
I helped a buddy restore hos '57 Chevy 2dr hardtop that he has had for 50+ years; his 40 year old kid has no desire to own the car, said he wouldn't keep it if he gave it to him.  :'(
Joe, would your buddy be open to adoption papers? I promise I would take good care of it, and so would my son and grandson.
John

CobraJoe

When the time comes, I'm sure he would be; he's just not ready to give it up just yet.  :002:

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,