News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Scam Alert

Started by Ecode70D, 2015-05-12 11:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

I received this email 

"iam  bruce from scotland uk im interested in buying your car, tell me the present condition of it and your price  and more pictures so we can carry on the transaction immediately Thank you
my regards bruce.
18 St. John's Rd
Edinburgh
Scotland UK 
EH126NY

It is obviously a scam by some off shore individual.  I don't have a nor have I listed car for sale. 

So my advice is beware of this sort of thing and don't give them any information that they can feed on and use against you.

I deleted the email and did not respond to it. 

Acrylic man

Yes, I got one too, yesterday. I thought it looked fishy. I just deleted it right off.
Thanks for the heads up! 
Larry
1957 Fairlane 500 Club Victoria 2dr HT

hiball3985

I got one too, didn't open it, just deleted.. So how did they get all our Email addresses, did this site get hacked?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Acrylic man

I remember years ago there was a program, you could just type in a website, and it could get all the email address associated with that site. I believe it was called web-snake. I'm sure they have more powerful programs now. Also websites are more security than back then, but the bad guys have nothing better to do than just sit around and think of ways to mess with people....We just have to stay ahead of them, if we can.....
1957 Fairlane 500 Club Victoria 2dr HT

djfordmanjack

Jay, I'd be aware of any SCOTSMAN inquiring a deal....they are not known for spending... :002: :003:
and then again I know Scottish people and they are 100% ok ! all that scam is annoying.

JPotter57

Be sure to check your posts.  If you have ever posted your email on this site in a forum post, web bots can and will find it.  Your address you entered when you signed up is safe.  It is stored in an sql database, and cannot be accessed, except on active pages which bots cannot individually query.  You can go back and edit any posts that have your email listed.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ecode70D

James
    I hate to ask this dumb question, but what does bots mean?
    Jay