News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero build

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2015-09-12 15:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Well I'm going to call it finished?  Head liner was a real challenge, not real happy with the results.  The material is too heavy and did not stretch out like I think it should.  Will give serious thought to getting another and trying again.  Other then that the thing came out looking pretty fair.  Now starts the working any bugs out.  I do feel there are not going to be too many "things" to "fix".  First is to get tags on it so I can hit some real driving time rather then the "around the block stuff.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

CobraJoe

Personally, I think it looks great!
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

KYBlueOval

Looking GREAT, Bill

mustang6984

I make three in the "great" category.

I also LOVE the gauge cluster design. Close to what I was going to do. You're gonna be fielding compliments on that car ALL summer long!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Wirenut

Beautiful, you'll be turning a lot of heads with that one!

Ford Blue blood

Thanks guys for all the compliments. 

I thought I was finished......but.....one last item that escaped the how to.  The battery hold down.  I just don't care for the stock across the top style.  After many days and times sitting looking at the thing I finally figured it out!  Mind you there were several trys and failures (in my head) before this came up.  The case has a slot on either side that the carry strap fits into.  Clamp that bad boy down with those!

Used brake line and some 16 gauge stock to form the hold downs.  Welded them together, painted and they work.  Now can I call it finished?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

For what is worth...I would say that is pretty slick...and that NOW...it's finished!

I will be really happy with it...when I get a ride in it! So far the only one I have gotten a ride in is Rich's rolling work of art! We always get grins and thumbs up along with the ""WOW! Nice car...what is it?" from younger kids when we go anywhere. Kind of cool...you will get that too! Enjoy!!!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

very neat looking. My optima has a little ledge at the bottom for the clampdown, also makes for a neat look..
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe