News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Does anyone know this car?

Started by Ecode70D, 2015-09-21 22:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Have any of you guys ever seen this car?   A friend of mine recently bought it.  It came from Missouri and has a Y block , triple carbs power steering Vintage Air , rolled and pleated interior and 4 speed on the column.     

JimNolan

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Zapato

4sp on the column, is he running a floor shift for reverse?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ecode70D

I haven't seen it yet but he said that there is a lever on the floor for reverse.
It will not be here until late October because it is getting delivered to Hershey.

hiball3985

Super nice Ranchero. I'd like to know about that air cleaner housing with the Ranchero emblem, that had to be custom made?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

VERY nice Ranch Jay.....
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ford Blue blood

Randy Conner has a 300 with a four speed on the column.  Uses an over drive cable to pull in reverse.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lalessi1

4 spd on the column...never thought of that. That is a super nice Ranchero.
Lynn

Limey57

Lovely, color, stance, everything.  I'd love to understand how the gear linkage works for reverse, I drove a column shift 4-speed once on a late 70's Mazda truck, 4 gears AND reverse on the column, all the linkages were worn and every gear felt like it was neutral, it was pot-luck as to what gear you'd find while shifting.......
Gary

1957 Ranchero

djfordmanjack

Jay, your friend is one lucky guy ! that Ranchero is so cool it makes me want to cry... the 300 trim is terrific with this color combo. the engine is a beauty. I have exactly a set like these Offenhauser Valve covers for my 292/312 project engine.

Ecode70D

Jim
    That is a cool air cleaner for the trips.  I never saw one before this.

Lynn and Gary
    In the past I have put together a few Fords with 4 speed on the column with a cable for reverse.   I got that idea from driving cars with 4 speeds on the column when I was in Europe.  One of the nice things about it is that when you park it in reverse, if someone is trying to steal it, they have to do some thinking in order to get the car to move.    Jay

VwDrvFnd

There was a magazine(can't remember which mag)article a while back where they were putting vintage air in a Ranchero. I know that car was black and red, could it be the same car? That air cleaner is trick for sure!
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

Zapato

personally would never have thought running ,what appear to be, 50 mercury poverty hubcaps on a 57 would look right but they sure work on this ranchero. would love to see a lot more of this car.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

djfordmanjack

I thought exactly the same when I first saw the pic. how did he adapt the 11-3/8 Mercry dogdishes to the  10-1/2" cap diameter Ford wheels ?

Ecode70D

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2015-09-23 17:45
I thought exactly the same when I first saw the pic. how did he adapt the 11-3/8 Mercry dogdishes to the  10-1/2" cap diameter Ford wheels ?

That's right.....    I didn't give it much thought at first.  I sort of remember that Merc. wheels didn't fit a Ford in the 50s.  So I doubt that it has merc wheels on it.   In late Oct I'll be able to inspect the car closely and get more pictures of it when it is here  in Mass.   .