News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

inca gold/ silver mocha Fairlane

Started by djfordmanjack, 2015-09-25 09:16

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

just look at this beauty, boys. that must be the most beautiful 1957 color combo ever.
the car still has the original brown dash pad too. wow ! I wonna :steeringwheel:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Fairlane-Fairlane-500-/361394022409?forcerrptr=true&hash=item5424c32809&item=361394022409#ht_16376wt_1015

RICH MUISE

Hard to tell if it's a true survivor. It looks to be and "owned by an 80 year old lady all it's life" would indicate that, but the seats look newly upholstered, and what 80 year old lady would do that? Beatiful car though. I wonder where the bidding will go. Reserve not met so the ridicules 7k bid at this point is definetly no indication of reserve.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

can't see the pictures of the seats, but maybe they had those bubble wrap seat covers on the from day one, and the dealer just removed them.

zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Scroll to the bottom of the ebay ad...lots of pics there. Did ford offer a tuck and roll? If they did, I've never seen, or assumed at the time it was reupholstered.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57redwhitered

If this was purchased by an 80 year old lady in 1957 that would make her around 138 now.  Just saying.
1957 Skyliner

lalessi1

My first Fairlane was a four door, Doeskin Tan/ Mocha Brown (my grandma bought it new). We used to call it the pink and brown car. The interior looked just like that one except for the seat covers. The dash looks like it is not trimmed in Inca Gold... it looks like Doeskin Tan to me in the pics?
Lynn

djfordmanjack

the interior colors didn't match the outside. they were satin and also the brown metalic is different fromt the silver mocha outside. the dash is more greyish. the trim would be a shade of satin (colonial?) white on all FL dashes I guess.
upon checking the color code on the VIN tag ist says KY2, that means the car is Dark Brown/ Inca gold. makes it even more rare. I was wrong assuming it was silver mocha.

djfordmanjack

Quote from: 57redwhitered on 2015-09-25 20:39
If this was purchased by an 80 year old lady in 1957 that would make her around 138 now.  Just saying.

that lady just didn't get older, she was

QuoteOwned By 80 Year Old Lady It's Whole Life
:003:

lalessi1

According to this K is Silver Mocha, I am also pretty sure the dash matched the outside colors in the Fairlane I had?

http://www.1957ford.com/asp/gallery.aspx?catmstrid=10&catdetid=41
Lynn

djfordmanjack

well....my 49-59 Ford parts book referred to K as Dark Brown.
my Dupont color chart says color code silver mocha is D, "replaces K". Possibly one of those 'spring color' things.
whatever, that color booklet on 1957 Ford is great.
Thanx Lynn, now I am looking for another brochure for my 57 collection ::)  :003:

Lou

This car has a build date of January 28, 1957, spring colors didn't come about until march or april depending on the assembly plant

Seats are all vinyl they should be cloth and vinyl, and color should match the door panels.

When i was a kid i remember several F-500 2 door hardtop this color combo in the Bridgeport, New haven area.

SkylinerRon

F500'S had either Black, Red, Brown, Blue or Green interior paint, flatter than exterior colors to avoid glare.

Ron.

enthusiastm

Quote from: Lou on 2015-09-27 23:12
This car has a build date of January 28, 1957, spring colors didn't come about until march or april depending on the assembly plant

Seats are all vinyl they should be cloth and vinyl, and color should match the door panels.

When i was a kid i remember several F-500 2 door hardtop this color combo in the Bridgeport, New haven area.
Yes, the seats have definitely been redone and based on the Data Plate they were Trim S - Brown Basket-Weave & Brown Sculptured Fabric. I believe the rest of the interior is original.
No pictures of the engine?