News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

PM pictures

Started by gasman826, 2015-11-18 08:20

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

Several times I have wanted to attach a picture to a PM.  Other than using a online photo service, how do I attach a .jpeg or .pdf to a PM

RICH MUISE

x2, but when I clicked on this post, I was expecting to see some nightime pics of your car, lol
I've wanted to do the same.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

OK..here is the deal.  I added a widget to add images to PM, but, in order to do so, I have to use the default themes for the forum, hence the different appearance.  We will try it for a couple days, and if the images in PM is good enough to warrant getting used to the difference in appearance, we can keep it, otherwise scrap it, and we can go back to the way it was.  Whoever coded the PM attachment mod for the forum, only coded it to work with the standard templates, which are kind of plain and irritating with the orange icons and so on.  We can test this week...let me know what you think.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

Thought I fell into the twilight zone for a minute there. I like the looks. One of the members a few weeks ago said something about a new look to the forum, and I couldn't figure out what he was talking about...was this being tested a few weeks ago? Looks good so far, btw.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

BWhitmore

I was the one that noticed a difference in the look of the forum a few weeks ago. Same color, just different configuration.  Lasted one day only.  I thought it was my computer since no one else noticed any change.  I like the orange look.

JPotter57

If everyone likes it well enough, I will change some things to get our club logo back at the upper right, other little things.  This is just the default forum theme that comes with the forum software. I personally like the other better, easy to read, etc, but this one isn't bad.
Old, loud, and fast.

hiball3985

It's not bad but I never like change, the old one was fine with me..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

I'm OK with the change (now that I know its happening) as long as all the same functionality is still there.  I just opened a PM but still do not see the ATTACHMENTS and OTHER OPTIONS under the dialog box?

hiball3985

Don't like the orange colors, should be Ford blue  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2015-11-18 12:10
It's not bad but I never like change, the old one was fine with me..

Ditto! :003:
Lynn

JPotter57

Thats what I thought...I tested the PM attachment thing yesterday..It works..I'll look at on another computer tonight, my laptop probably
Old, loud, and fast.

Limey57

I thought I'd logged onto a different forum, I get confused easily ya-know!!!!!!!!  Looks okay to me though.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Frankenstein57

I recently moved back into my home, just got the internet hooked up, I thought it was on my computer too. Mark

djfordmanjack

My vote goes for Ford Blue please ! Orange reminds me too much of modern living. :003:

hiball3985

Some forums have an option to change the display colors, I don't see one here so I hope we aren't stuck with orange  :005:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang