News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Headlights

Started by JimNolan, 2015-12-06 18:39

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

I read that too and it left me scratching my head. I didn't see where you can order direct so I got mine on Amazon with $30 I had left on an old gift card so they only cost me a few bucks and were here in two days. When I ordered they said only 4 left but they would be getting more..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Thinking about the AUS version...only thing that makes sense to me really has nothing to do with "right hand drive", but the fact it was made in Australia..maybe a different connector configuration??
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-12-15 06:08
I sure wish Scott Drake made more stuff for our vintage Fords. I just checked out the link to the headlights. I think I'll order me a pair before too long just to have them ready when I need them.
I've got to ask....they referenced a "right hand drive headlight" with a -AUS suffix pn also available....make me wonder if it was April 1 when they wrote that....WTH?

Rich, headlight high beam reflector designs cause a flat cutoff for a ways and then kick up, kinda like this .... __/. This would be for oncoming traffic in the left lane. \__ .... would be for oncoming traffic in the right lane. I suspect this is what the comment references.
Lynn

hiball3985

Thanks Lynn, that just added some more scramble to my simple mind  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

What?? You're kidding, right? left and right headlights? for our old cars? Did I wake up in the twilight zone? If you tell me yes, I swear I'll never build another car.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-12-15 09:39
What?? You're kidding, right? left and right headlights? for our old cars? Did I wake up in the twilight zone? If you tell me yes, I swear I'll never build another car.
I think Drake and Lynn are pulling our chain and we are falling for it :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

John Palmer

On the early VW Bugs, with the glass headlight lens covers, they were available in both "right hand" drive, and "left hand" drive versions.  It has to do with how the flutes are cut in the lens to divert the light beam to the edge of the road and not into on coming drivers.

John Palmer

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2015-12-15 09:46

Remember, the new Star Wars is releasing this week end!

hiball3985

Quote from: John Palmer on 2015-12-15 11:12
On the early VW Bugs, with the glass headlight lens covers, they were available in both "right hand" drive, and "left hand" drive versions.  It has to do with how the flutes are cut in the lens to divert the light beam to the edge of the road and not into on coming drivers.
OK, now I understand it, nice to learn something new..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

Quote from: John Palmer on 2015-12-15 11:15

Remember, the new Star Wars is releasing this week end!
The Star War insanity will have to go on without me  :burnout:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

That does make sense I guess, but now I wonder how we ever got our headlights adjusted.

lalessi1

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2015-12-15 09:46

I promise not... :003: I don't even own a light saber!!!  :003: (I used to run on road rallys...lights were important)
Lynn

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-12-15 12:42
That does make sense I guess, but now I wonder how we ever got our headlights adjusted.
I remember official/certified headlight adjusting stations, haven't seen one in a long time.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2015-12-15 16:10
I promise not... :003: I don't even own a light saber!!!  :003: (I used to run on road rallys...lights were important)
Now we know what you put on the Xmas list  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

HO HO HO