News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Custom progress

Started by Custom_Shelby, 2016-01-23 18:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom_Shelby

TCI C-4 "Sizzler trans" and torque converter with aluminum bellhousing attached to Boss 302, almost ready to drop the drivetrain in the chassis.

Custom_Shelby

A few more pic's

Custom_Shelby

Drivetrain went in this weekend, used Butch's Rod Shop motor mounts and they worked perfect.

Custom_Shelby

Everything bolted down and in place, next will get the driveshaft cut and balanced with new yoke and U-joints installed.

RICH MUISE

Very very nice. Won't be long before you're going nuts trying to get the sheetmetal adjusted.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

Just went through your build thread for the first time, very nice 57. Great attention to detail, you did good!   Mark

Custom_Shelby

Thanks Mark, hopefully, it will be finished and running by the end of this summer.

fadmon30

Very nice!!!  I like how the interior turned out!  Who did you get the interior parts from?  I really like the Gauge cluster too, although the Dakota Digital Gauge is nice too!

Custom_Shelby

Assembling the front clip, first up is the inner fender wells & radiator support, then the fenders & center peace.

Custom_Shelby

Fenders & centerpiece. 

Ford Blue blood

Very, very nice work!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Custom_Shelby

Thanks!  every section to this is a little project all to itself, the shift lever for the TCI C-4 I got through Ron Johnson in Colorado, he has a storage yard full of 57's and 58's, ordered that piece and several other pieces you just can't find anymore. The rod & linkage was for a 57 Fordomatic and fit the C-4 perfect after the adjustments to the rod to make sure I had everything (PRND1D2L), but I did need to drill a different hole on the trans arm. .  Got the transmission cooling lines through California Mustang for a C-4/small block, fit the 57 chassis perfect.

Marc

Wow! every last bit of that car looks great. Nice work!

Custom_Shelby

Installed the mirrors and antenna this morning, may seam insignificant, but this is far easier than trying to do it after the front clip is on the car.  And a suggestion on the mirrors, some people like them on the doors, some on the fenders, the one mirror from the factory on this car was on the drivers fender, so I stuck with that location, factory mirrors were installed with sheet metal screws, road vibration eventually caused them to loosen the screws and hog the holes out, I used very small Philips head bolts with nut, lock washer and a very large flat washer, I won't have any problems with this ever.

Custom_Shelby

Front end attached and adjusted, got the fenders / doors lined up perfect. Next day I installed the headlight assemblies as well as the grill.