News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

California members. ..

Started by JPotter57, 2016-06-06 18:54

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

I am in Fresno this week working.  I should have Friday from about 1 pm off.  If anyone is in the viciniy, and would like to meet up, let me know on here and i will do what i can.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

John Palmer

James, Fresno is a very long drive from any of the So. Cal. guys.  It's five or more hours, without traffic time "one way".  Maybe if you find someone in the Central Valley (Bakersfield/Fresno/Modesto/Stockton/Sacramento) area. 

The entire Central Valley is a car lovers area.  Lots of rich hot rodding, and racing history.  If your looking for something to do to kill some time, just head east, up in the foot hills towards Yosemite, Sequoia Parks for some spectacular country.  This is a great motorcycle riding area.

This is a great area, too bad our state government does such a poor job of managing our water resources.

Zapato

There is an incredible large wrecking yard in Fresno acre after acre of cars. One side is all early the other is late model.Was told none of the early stuff was abailable for sale. Maybe some of the locals cam clear that up. My 57 came from that area. Great rust free cars due to high set desert conditions.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

JPotter57

Yeah  i knew SoCal is a couple hundred miles, several hours with Cali traffic.  There are a few members in the central to Nothern srea though, as well as a couple if my Y block friends.   Whats the name of the wrecking yard, Id like to check it out...
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

James:

Too bad we didn't have more notice.  I might have been able to drive up to see you.  I have a good friend that lives up there and her husband could have provided directions to the wrecking yard.  I believe it is called Turner's.  But, It has been a while since I last heard its name.  And you may not know yet what a bummer it is to have a Senior's memory, someday you will certainly find out.  Hope you have a good trip and can find some 57's up there.

Bob
57 AGIN

Zapato

Googled Turners and it's a 100 acre yard. And it's all for sale. Happy hunting.

Zapato

Zapato

Did you make it to Turners?

Zapato

JPotter57

No, I had problems on Friday at work and didnt get out of there in enough time to spend any amount of time there, so I put it off til next trip.  The next time I am up there, I will let anyone know ahead of time, and maybe we can plan to meet up somewhere.  If I'd had time, I would have driven down on Monday when I got here, at 1130 pst.  I had most of the day to just knock around, ad could have gotten back to the room by midnight to be ready for work the next day.  As this trip was sort of short notice, I didnt say much about it until i knew for certain it was happening.  Next time, we should be working for a better company, (this is short term contract), so they will have better control over the travel situation.  Prob will be back in the area around Dec, maybe earlier as we have some time compliant stuff to take care of.  Sorry I wasnt able to meet any of this trip..next time for sure...
Old, loud, and fast.