News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

SPEED KING

Started by Zapato, 2016-07-05 12:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Yesterday a friend of mine gifted me with a "Speed King" drum pedal. Been looking for one to use as a gas pedal in my car for quite awhile. Used a similar "Ghost" pedal back in my high school ride but have lusted for a speed king pedal for years. The tightwad in me didn't want to pay e-bay prices so just waited and finally found one for free. Once again life is good in Zapatoville.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

geraldchainsaw

so,  put a picture out there

junior58

You and I must have similar tastes, I have also lusted after one of those for a long time. You think the ebay prices are high - wait till you convert to NZ dollars. I want one for a future hot rod project, as well as a Shure55 beehive style microphone as a shift knob but they are also seriously priced. One day.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Zapato

Mine was gifted by a friend, he has another I see him almost every week will ask him if he wants to sell the other and how much. Now give me a chance to see what that microphone looks like, it may be like one that is stashed away someplace unknown but will keep an eye out for it.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Zapato

Shure 55 not exactly like the one hiding here. But similar will keep my eye out and check a couple of boxes full of stuff. If found it's yours.

Zap -  :unitedstates:
Zapato

junior58

Awesome. The other microphone that looks pretty cool is Shures Green Bullet, very retro looking.
Steve McKnight

Ecode70D

Quote from: Zapato on 2016-07-05 12:24
Yesterday a friend of mine gifted me with a "Speed King" drum pedal. Been looking for one to use as a gas pedal in my car for quite awhile.

Zap
Would you  or someone please post a picture of that Speed King drum pedal.    I have no idea what one looks like.   Thanks Jay

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2016-07-07 17:16
     Zap
Would you  or someone please post a picture of that Speed King drum pedal.    I have no idea what one looks like.   Thanks Jay
Google is your best friend  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

WOW Jim
    I never saw anything like that.
    Thanks Jay

RICH MUISE

That's 'cause we "dance to the beat of a different drum"...I think the words went.
Sorry friend, couldn't resist that one.
If I ever saw a pedal from a drum set on a car I wasn't aware of what I was looking at...probably would have looked quick thinking it was an old Moon pedal.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

These fall into the "parts is parts" category or maybe a poor man's moon pedal. I like the fact they boldly proclaim themselves as SPEED KING. Have no clue what a vintage moon pedal goes for these days, believe they are still available new. Ludwig also made an earlier pedal (ghost) which is what I had years ago. Both were fairly inexpensive begineer drum gear. They're out there ask any old grey haired drummer you meet they might have one collecting dust in a closet. Made for almost 70 years till 2014.

Zap -  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2016-07-07 22:09
That's 'cause we "dance to the beat of a different drum"...I think the words went.
Sorry friend, couldn't resist that one.

Rich
  Now  I get it.  We learn something new every day.   

robhaerr

So...how many drummers do we have this group?

If you are around these parts of So California...drop by and say hey...
www.ravelers.com
https://www.facebook.com/The-Ravelers-266682436238/?ref=bookmarks

Cheers!
Rob

Zapato

Steve. Sent you a pm your pedal is in my possesion noe. He held to his price. But anyway will send it your way one of these days.

Zap - :unitedstates:
Zapato

junior58

Address sent Zap, better start gathering all the Manuka Honey I now owe you and get it sent over.
Steve McKnight