News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 ford custom alum radiator install

Started by bogey, 2008-05-01 23:34

Previous topic - Next topic

bogey

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: for those of u who care to hear it i installed the 66chevelle alum radiator in my 57 custom today had to make two small brackets for the drivers side to make it fit or could have used a torch to cut the core support and move the radiator forward,as it is flex fan has less than 1/4inch between fan and radiator,i like a manual fan so thats why i left it on the car.well after cutting up the 129 dollar shroud and it breaking of course,reason is whomsoever installed the 351 cleveland set over toward the passenger side so it would clear the steering box,well that put the fan 2inches off center,now that is broke new shroud on order and a new 2inch smaller fan,if that wasnt enough the grill is hell to unbolt,thats why they make die grinder blades,dont worry it wasnt a pretty grill now i have 2 complete parking turn signal lites to sell.new 400 tube grill better be more fun to install than the old one was to pull.rebuilt top loader 4spd going in next,i can hardly wait,then the bezels and dooor handles and fix the drivers window that doesnt go up all the way cause it made a loud bang rolling up last nite.after all this the new coil springs for the front go in,theres never a shortage of things to do or spend money on,but i still like it the 57ford better than the 56 chev 2dr post i bought last week,good luck on ur projects i have some parts listed if u need sumpn i have let me know,thanks from downtown cowtown ft worth tx :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: