News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Accessory

Started by oldgasser, 2016-09-05 17:28

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

These are Zap's wheels. It's a standard 57 Merc ( w/ bakelite spokes- it has a different horn ring and center button than the Turnpike) and it's what I think is a 1958-61 T bird wheel. a great looking and deep dished wheel. I guess it's a 15" rim? all OEM Ford great Custom look.

Zapato

Gunther,  thank you for posting the pictures. Both these wheels are same diameter and dish. Don't have a stock Ford wheel to compare them for either dimension.

Zap -  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Zapato

There's  a 56 Merc wheel for sale on the HAMB right now (not mine) main reason am bringing it up is the shape of the "bell" behind the wheel. It's more like a soup bowl than a cone.I have a 2nd generation t-bird column that has the same shape.

That Merc wheel by the way is also a bit flashier thst the ones already shown and affordable.

Zapato

Zapato

Did a quick search and found an eBay seller that has just every wheel a guy desires. He even shows the oh so rare and desired flat on top 57 NASCAR Turnpike Cruiser wheel.

fiftiesford 1955-66 (1510)
wwe.autoparts.loc8apart.com.   Found by searching 56 mercury steering wheel

Zapato