A question for Ranchero Owners Regarding Interior Trim Around the Rear Window

Started by KYBlueOval, 2016-10-25 16:50

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

Can a Ranchero owner please post a photo of the Rear Window as viewed from the inside of the cab. When I purchased my Ranchero it was in many many boxes.  As I sort through the parts and pieces there is one area that I'm not clear on, and that is the rear window interior trim. My Ranchero has screw holes on the inside of the cab, around the rear window, leading me to believe there should be some trim or garnish molding around the rear window on the inside. Is that correct? I have the 3 small  trim pieces that mount above the rear window and go over, and to the left and right of the interior light above the rear widow.
So, a picture will tell me a lot about what trim pieces I need or what holes to weld up.
As always, thanks .
John

57chero

The three pieces you have are the correct ones that go along the top, the only other pieces are the triangle shape ones that go on the inside roof pillar, they fit between the window rubber and wind lace and have three screw holes. the three upper pieces are mainly to cover up the edge of the headliner and help hold it in place. 

KYBlueOval

Quote from: 57chero on 2016-10-25 22:19
The three pieces you have are the correct ones that go along the top, the only other pieces are the triangle shape ones that go on the inside roof pillar, they fit between the window rubber and wind lace and have three screw holes. the three upper pieces are mainly to cover up the edge of the headliner and help hold it in place.
Thanks for the reply AND the photo. I have all of the pieces you have described.From the photo it looks as though there is a molding that goes completely around the rear glass. As I look at the photo I see the black rubber gasket, next to it ,there appears to be the trim/garnish that I have questions about. Am I correct.........that there is molding that surrounds the rear glass on the inside?
I'm going to a very old junk yard today where there is a '59 Ranchero and I'll take a look. I know there are some differences in the area above and around the rear window between '57's and '59's..
Thanks
John

57chero

The area you are talking about is part of the body, its painted the same color as the dash and garnish moldings there isn't any other pieces of molding around the back window.

KYBlueOval

Quote from: 57chero on 2016-10-26 19:27
The area you are talking about is part of the body, its painted the same color as the dash and garnish moldings there isn't any other pieces of molding around the back window.
Thanks.......you confirmed what I saw today on a '59 Ranchero that is in a time warp junk yard.Nothing has been added to this yard in the last 25-30 years!
So, your confirmation says I have a lot of holes to weld up around the rear window.
Thanks
John

hiball3985

Not sure if there are holes originally around the window. Maybe someone in the past screwed a piece of plywood there after they broke the window, I've actually seen that on one ranchero yeas ago and a pickup truck done the same way  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

That's an impressive looking interior, 57chero. That steering wheel looks right at home there.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Limey57

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2016-10-27 09:05
That's an impressive looking interior, 57chero. That steering wheel looks right at home there.

A nice taught headliner as well!  Mine has a few wrinkles, I just tell people it looks like me........
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2016-10-27 09:05

If you ever get a chance to see it person you will be amazed how nice it is.  It's beyond perfect.
:unitedstates:
Zap -
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

KYBlueOval

Quote from: 57chero on 2016-10-25 22:19
Just looked at this photo again...........really like the steering wheel...........what is it?
Thanks
John

djfordmanjack

rmk57

That whole steering column really does look like it came that way from the factory.

Falcon,Fairlane,Comet?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

hiball3985

I can't really see how many spokes but it looks Mustang to me 64-66 on a later column..

Is there a prize?  :003: :burnout:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

There is a prize ? Great, I want to win that F code Skyliner ! :003:
not Mustang Jim, the spokes of the horn ring don't have round holes.

hiball3985

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2016-11-08 13:20
There is a prize ? Great, I want to win that F code Skyliner ! :003:
not Mustang Jim, the spokes of the horn ring don't have round holes.
:005: I should know better, I have a 66 Mustang.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang