News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Let me introduce to you, Daniel Shade Potter..

Started by JPotter57, 2016-11-10 10:32

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

At 1:48 on Donald Trump Day, November 8, 2016, I was blessed with the privilege of delivering my son.  He was coming, and did not wish to wait for the midwife to arrive.  He arrived about 50 minutes before she did.  I was tasked with helping him into this world, and it was quit an experience.  He was born healthy, 20 1/4 inches long, and weighed 6 lbs 15 oz.  It took us until yesterday evening to pick his name, as he was a little early and we were quite unprepared. Both mom and baby are recovering nicely, and will be up and around before we know it.
For those of you wondering, we are from the Appalachians, and wanted to give him a name that shared his heritage.  Daniel was my Grandmothers maiden name, and also an uncle, and a very good friend of mine, so we wanted him to have that name.  Shade is an old family name, one that hasn't been used in a couple generations, but was very common in the late 1800s where we are from.  I always liked the name, and just now got around to being able to use it.  We are calling him Shade.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

BBoswell

JimNolan

James, congratulations. Your the only one I know that believe in big families anymore. That used to be so common when I grew up. Now I think the national average is 1.48. Never seen a .48 child before. Glad everyone is doing good. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Lou

Congratulations James and wife.
Jim Nolan:: I've had a few bosses that were .48, reason i started my own business.

lalessi1

Congratulations James! I love your sons' name and the history it brings with it. Best wishes to the entire family.
Lynn

junior58

Congratulations to all concerned, and well done to the stand-in midwife.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

mustang6984

Nice looking youngster! And the naming is kind of neat as well. So...big question...have you bought him a 57 Ford yet?  :burnout:

Congrats!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Jeff Norwell

Congrats James to you and your Family!!!!!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ecode70D

Good for you James!     You had to be nervous when you were tasked to help him into this world.  My best wishes to you and your family.   I'll keep all of you in my prayers.
Jay

Ford Blue blood

That is a good looking boy!  Congratulations.....now you have a back up for that baseball team of yours.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

drof75

CONGRADULATIONS James. Good Job. Now get ready for 3 mo. of no sleep. It's all worth it.

Buz Mills

racton

:unitedstates:  Congratulations on the new member of your family.I wish you the best of luck.  racton

Zapato

Congratulationd to both you and your wife. Am sure Shade will come to do his name proud. And then there is you adding birthin' babies to your skill sets. Have to say am right proud to know you. And as we would say in the Navy WELL DONE.

Zap -  :unitedstates:'

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Limey57

Congratulations, children are one of the most precious gifts anyone can have.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Wow...been out of town for two days...missed all the big news from the Potter family! James....that's #10 if my counting is correct, lol. Are you lining up to be able to sway future elections? Congrats, that's really awesome...it really is.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe