News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Washington State 57 owners...

Started by mustang6984, 2016-11-11 02:34

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Was curious, how many 57 Ford owners in the forum from Washington state?
And what part of the state are you in?
And what type of 57 Ford do you have?
How many?

I'll start...In Port Angeles, with two Sedan Deliveries.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

SanoDano

I live in Normandy Park, WA and also have a Courier (Sedan Delivery).

mustang6984

Pretty close! We should get together...I'd like to see your car...looks pretty good from your pic. I haven't seen a complete one in over 40 years! I'll be in touch! Thanks for responding!

Quote from: SanoDano on 2016-11-11 12:10
I live in Normandy Park, WA and also have a Courier (Sedan Delivery).
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

John

I'll try this again.  The web site appears to be on again off again.  It took over a week to register.  Anyway, I'm from Spokane and have a 4 door hardtop "town Victoria".  I purchased it in 75 from original owner. I drove it for 28 years before deciding to customize it with tube grill, hagen buckets, new interior, custom paint with ghost flames, 429/C6 power plant, rack and pinion, and disc brakes on the front along with 3" dropped spindles. 
I wasn't aware this club existed, or probably would have inquired before this.  I would like to exchange info with other members, and look forward to maybe a west coast get together in the near future.  I also have a lot of original trim pieces including original grill, stainless, lights, and windshield for sale if anyone is interested.  Pictures to follow.
Best Regards,
John

mustang6984

Sounds like a nice ride! I go through Spokane now and then, I'll definitely have to let you know next time I do! Where did you get your rack & pinion from? I am thinking of doing the same.

Quote from: John on 2016-11-14 11:17
Anyway, I'm from Spokane and have a 4 door hardtop "town Victoria".  I purchased it in 75 from original owner. I drove it for 28 years before deciding to customize it with tube grill, hagen buckets, new interior, custom paint with ghost flames, 429/C6 power plant, rack and pinion, and disc brakes on the front along with 3" dropped spindles...
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

Quote from: John on 2016-11-14 11:17
I'll try this again.  The web site appears to be on again off again.  It took over a week to register.  Anyway, I'm from Spokane and have a 4 door hardtop "town Victoria".  I purchased it in 75 from original owner. I drove it for 28 years before deciding to customize it with tube grill, hagen buckets, new interior, custom paint with ghost flames, 429/C6 power plant, rack and pinion, and disc brakes on the front along with 3" dropped spindles. 
I wasn't aware this club existed, or probably would have inquired before this.  I would like to exchange info with other members, and look forward to maybe a west coast get together in the near future.  I also have a lot of original trim pieces including original grill, stainless, lights, and windshield for sale if anyone is interested.  Pictures to follow.
Best Regards,
John

John, Welcome to the Forum! This place is a great place for '57 Ford owners, well wishers, admirers and the curious. We love to share info on all things '57 Ford and other stuff too! I like the stance on Fairlane, are you running stock springs on the dropped spindles? Are they from Fatman?
Lynn

RICH MUISE

That's a great looking car, John. Welcome to the forumn.
Not sure what is causing your "on again, off again" issue with getting on the forum, but there have been zero getting on problems on my end, and I'm on 3-4 times daily at least.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

John

Its all operator error gents. I'm still learning where all the icons are, like reply, etc.  To answer a few questions the R&P is out of a Chrysler product (New Yorker, I think), the front discs are from a Granada (too small), not sure about the springs, but yes they are Fat Man spindles. Paint is PPG Raven Black and Mocha Frost (same combo that came out in the 96 Ford EXplorer (Eddie Bower edition) Remember the all black ones with the 2 or 3 inch accent around the wheel wells?  Russet pearl ghost flames, and a little gold dust sprinkled in the clear coat. Engine and trans came out of a Mercury Marquis (I thought it was a 78 but it might have been an earlier model).

mustang6984

Nice John! I like the subtle pin-striping as well. Great looking ride! Welcome to the forum. I am relatively new as well...but I can tell you these guys here are chock full of experience and background, and have already been a treasure trove of information for me. You will enjoy it.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

junior58

Welcome to the forum John. Love what you've done with the car. I have a Town Victoria as well but all stock (other than pinstriping and wheels), as found after being parked for 35 years. Driving it as is for now, torn between preserving it or going for 60's style mild custom, but driving the wheels off it anyway.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Ford Blue blood

Welcome aboard John, very nice ride!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

racton

:unitedstates:     Greetings John and welcome.You will find this a great place to spend time with folks that have the same interests as you.I like your car the interior is impressive.I like 4-doors the best.Good Luck............racton

Zapato

Am about 10 miles north of the Columbia River in Brush Prairie.

Zap '  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

mustang6984

Ah...Bush Prairie...been through there several times! We need to get a Washington State '57 picnic together next summer!

Quote from: Zapato on 2016-11-16 21:52
Am about 10 miles north of the Columbia River in Brush Prairie.

Zap '  :unitedstates:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

JRD007

Not from Washington state but just above you. Vancouver Island B.C Canada. Just recently bought a 57 convertible,312 aod trans, disc brakes dropped spindles. The suspension is finished. Just need to get back and finish the rest. Factory air car, black on red combo. Thanks John
49 shoebox coupe, 390fe 4speed
57 fairlane sunliner, 312 aod
64 fairlane sports coupe, 5.0l f/inj 5 speed
66 f100, 347 stroker aod
67 ranchero, 428cj tri power c6
57 Custom 427 fe, dual 4bbl, 4 speed.