News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

I  can't  make up my mind between the 57 dog dish and the 52 -53 dog dish, but I'm leaning toward the 52-53 caps which I think are stainless.       

djfordmanjack

Jay, yes the 52/3 are SS while the 57s are chromed steel. mine have a few pittings and speckles, but would make a nice driver set anyways.
When we were fooling around with the wheel trims, I was joking with Tommy that we put on another different hubcap on each wheel... :002:...That's an oldschool trick I was told by a knowledgeable Ford guy... :003:

managed to get the car out for a short cruise around the block in 75degree weather. a few little things to improve like carb adjusting, freeing up a slightly frozen heat riser valve in RH manifold and as assumed before the frontend needs alignment after the lowering job which will be done asap. Feels great to have the old Lady back out on the streets. :001:

lalessi1

Thats the look!!!!! (No date tonight)  :003:
Lynn

djfordmanjack

haha, you right Lynn, no date tonight, because some more welding needed done. :002:
lower 4" of the kick panel moldings. need a little more bead blasting and paint and then back into the car.

gasman826

Nice work!  I took another rusted set and cut the tops off and welded the tops to the bottom of another set.  I cut them so the attachment points would match up and the arc was correct.

djfordmanjack

nice work and good idea Gary! I had no choice since I didn't have another set and mine were actually pretty good to start with.
I'll need to find another set for my Del Rio, as they were missing.

djfordmanjack

finally made it to paining the dash (dash pad removed and rusted). I wanted to keep the dashpad chrome trim, so I just painted the top half of the dash and chose a slightly darker metalic color to give it the dashpad twotone appearance.
the right corner was out of alignment from factory and I cleaned that up a little while at it. I honestly though about leaving the dash in bare metal for a moment, but it would have been impractical and not fit the general survivor look of the Country Sedan.

djfordmanjack

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Wirenut

Looks good, what do you do in your spare time :001:doesn't look like you let any grass grow under your feet!
Just curious about the shiny aluminum looking piece on the top shelf, it looks cool but I can't identify it from anything I've seen. Keep up the good work, thanks for letting us follow along. We were armchair quarterbacks on Rich's build now we get to be that on yours.

djfordmanjack

It is true that I am not getting bored lately... :003: I feel that when you are at it and the finish line comes closer, it's good keeping at it. I want all the 'dirty' work accomplished asap.
On top of my engine hoist sits a pair of stacked 1935 Ford bumpers. the one with the deeper dip in the middle is a Vicky rear.

Wirenut

Ok, I see now. Couldn't place them, they make cool wall art. I ruined one of two ceramic headers trying to get some clearance. They set in a corner for years and then I decided to screw the good one to the wall, it made a cool looking wall piece in the garage. The bumpers make cool shop art till they're back where they belong.

Limey57

Good progress! Preparing and painting all the little bits & pieces takes forever!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

"We were armchair quarterbacks on Rich's build now we get to be that on yours."
Except my build moved along at the speed of dirt! lol.
Impressive as usual, DJ.
I've got to comment though, just my taste differing on one thing....the cool pegasus decal.....too distracting, would look better in the back window. At least in the pictures my eye goes right to it. May not be the case looking at it in person.
I always appreciated your constructive critiques on my build when we disagreed, payback time, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

those bumpers should go back on an early Ford sometime in future. I have a few bits and pieces lying around and we never know, if there's another 33/4 or even a 35. I like to have my dpare parts hanging on the wall and around the house and shop. I like to see them often rather than having them packed away in a dark stash. on the backdrop, it always keeps reminding you of the work you still have to do though... :003:
like Gary said, tedious work on the small bits and pieces but very rewarding once done and knowing you can put them back on the car soon. I am having so much fun with this build really.
Rich, appreciate your comment. It's a fact that I just love the Pegasus for itself and it's a work of Art like the best of corporate designs (soft drinks, cigarette packet desgins come to mind). You are not the only one to disagree and you are totally right of when it comes to 57 Fords. the red horse takes away from the lines and original elegance of the car, and maybe that's even what I wanted to achieve in the beginning. Let me take this a little further. The M****oil company held long distance economy runs in those years,a nd thsoe stickers were seen on many of the participants cars. There are many vintage pics available showing the horses in different places on 57 Fords. so if you want it for a good excuse, this is a very appropriate period correct detail.
In our final agreement of disagreement, I have to confess that I have had these horses on every car I have owned in the last 20 years. The ar on magnetic foil, so it's a matter of a second of placing or removing them. They won't stick on glass though  :003:
Maybe it's just a good old tradition of being a little bit different....haha....
It is always good to hear about others opinion and rethinking your own, and I mean that, appreciate your comment !