News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Nice personalized plate, way to go. Looking at the picture it just reminded me of a friend who recently got a ticket for the ball hitch obstructing the view of the plate. I guess some cops don't have anything better to do then pick the fly **** out of the pepper  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2017-09-13 12:54
home run & touch down !  :003:

SWEET!!! Where does it mount so you can still open that tailgate? Congrats!!!   :icon_thumleft:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

You're right Jim, I'll have to mount the plate offset so it is clearly visible.

plate sizes and laws are just ******** ***** ****** ***** here, we're running out of ******** to replace the actual words..... :003:

I am glad that I was able to obtain a rectangular 2 line plate at all. I am not going to tell you about the hassles of that. we can register 3 different cars to one set of plates ( only drive one car at a time). now go figure , having 3 cars that are all legal and registered with rectangular plates, working in size and backlighting...and all 3 cars have to be inspected and street legal ( inspected) at the same time....now, I know, you are neither willing nor going to understand all of that Euro bureaucracy..... :003: .... still got it done.

Hugh, it's going between the hitch and right bumper guard, it is a very tight fit.

mustang6984

Three vehicles to one plate? WOW! Nice...although I can see the potential for abuse too.
We have our own sets of idiotic bureaucracies here as well...and to compound things...they often vary from state to state! UGH!

I can see where that will be a tight fit...but still...you GOT it! HURRAH!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

here's the other 2 cars on the  old57 plates.
in case you are puzzled, the 'G' has nothing to do with my first name, but is a coincidence with the area code of my home town.
I do like the double meaning of old and GOLD though. these cars are 'old gold' in my mind.

djfordmanjack

the plate fits by a fraction of an inch, Hugh. I did investigate that before ordering/applying for the actual plates. I do know that non of that nonsense is going on in any of the 50 states and we all ( over the pond) are envious of those small US plates you have...
the 3cars-on-one-plate registration gives us tax benifits, especially for collector cars, as we have to pay huge taxes calculated by actual horsepower ratings. 3x 150-200hp cars would cost about $3k a year. those 3x collector plates brings it down to $1k a year. I see you shaking your head in disbelief still.... :003:

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2017-09-13 14:05
Three vehicles to one plate? WOW! Nice...although I can see the potential for abuse too.
We have our own sets of idiotic bureaucracies here as well...and to compound things...they often vary from state to state! UGH!

I can see where that will be a tight fit...but still...you GOT it! HURRAH!

djfordmanjack

and Jay, don't you like the rectangular plate on the Sedan ?
It looks so much better then the aeroplane wing sized plate..... :003:

hiball3985

OK I'm confused. Do you have three plates that are the same or just one plate that is moved from car to car?
Off topic but here is a picture of my friends wagon next to my Ranchero. He is also building a Ranchero.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Jim, I have one set of plates that is moved between cars. Only one car can be driven at a time. we pay taxes for the most powerful, but we pay road taxes, tunnel fees aso for each.....it's a little crazy

nice pic of those two 57s and the wagon even has yellow Cal plates ! those 57s are too good looking aint they ?

hiball3985

I think that would drive me crazy G. I drive all three of mine during the week. Do they have to be bolted on or can you use magnets  :003:

He has year correct plates on the wagon, I don't, but mines faster  :burnout:

We actually have another black 57 Fairlane in this small area and when my friend finishes his Rancher we will have four 57's in a few square miles.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

that means he has actually 56 plates w/ current stickers on his 57 ?
wagons don't have to be fast, nowadays they are just cool....haha.....they can be quick as well!
yes our plates have to be bolted on to each car ( at least the l.p. frame). each car carries its own inspection sticker.
There's 2 57s on my own property, and , well, maybe 3 or 4, all together in a 300 miles range.... :003:

mustang6984

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2017-09-13 14:16
the plate fits by a fraction of an inch, Hugh. I did investigate that before ordering/applying for the actual plates. I do know that non of that nonsense is going on in any of the 50 states and we all ( over the pond) are envious of those small US plates you have...
the 3cars-on-one-plate registration gives us tax benifits, especially for collector cars, as we have to pay huge taxes calculated by actual horsepower ratings. 3x 150-200hp cars would cost about $3k a year. those 3x collector plates brings it down to $1k a year. I see you shaking your head in disbelief still.... :003:

OUCH!!! I can say it goes the opposite in many states here...LESS for older cars than new ones...just the preliminary registration can be a pain...though NOTHING like what you went through. You have my sympathies.
So...are the plates held in place with heavy magnets? Or do you screw and unscrew them to move them from car to car?
[NOTE: I see my question was answered in another post re: the attachment issue. Thanks.]
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ecode70D

Jim
   You captured a nice picture of your friend's wagon parked next to your Rancharrow.  I like it when 57 Ford show up at the cruises, but don't get to see many of them around here.

Guenter
    That smaller plate is beautiful and looks better than the long one. It looks good on the three cars.   Seems to be similar to the dealer plate.  Now you can rest a little with those horrible and over complicated inspections behind you.

Rich
     I can not fault you for getting out of Mass. when you could do it.  Things have gotten more complicated and  expensive here.   

djfordmanjack

Jay, I knew you would approve of the new plates. I am sorry it's OLD57 instead of OLD34...but you know the whole story anyways.
57s forever and my first love, 34s are second by just a fraction of an inch... :003:

If that's any excuse, you know that there are actually 2 57s, but 3 34s in this place at the moment... :002:

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2017-09-13 16:19
Jim
   You captured a nice picture of your friend's wagon parked next to your Rancharrow.  I like it when 57 Ford show up at the cruises, but don't get to see many of them around here.
It's nice to have a few 57's around but we are numbered 1000 x 1 by that other brand  :005: Not really surprising, Calif is filled with stupid people..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang