News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

As a well know individual once said, the most feared words in the world are...."Hi, we're from the government and here to help".......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

That saying has aged well. Never truer than today. Sorry for scraping the non politics policy. I am Austrian...  :003:

mustang6984

Nothing hurt. And Austrian is a good thing! Indeed!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Fairlane62

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2023-11-19 15:11I am also interested in recent history ( ie 250+ years back) and we have fantastic military maps of Empress Maria Theresia ( ca 1750+), I can literally search those old maps by the yard or even closer ( 0.0001 degrees of latitude and longitude) and compare to the actual google maps, or on site. it is crazy. You can often literally make out old buildings, foundations, roads between the old maps and now. I can see ridges in my property, where a field corner had been 200 years ago. I am just crazy, I confess... :002:

Yes its amazing how the current topography can still reflect things from olden days.  There are still depressions in the prairie that are old buffalo wallows and I used to live a few miles from the old Chisholm trail where cattle were herded up to Kansas after the war and there are still ruts in the prairie from the wagons 150 years later.

djfordmanjack

Dunno what happened, maybe it's because of the new year....but my shop feels somewhat spooky today...as if somebody was watching me from above...Dunno...  :003:

57cs s1369.jpg

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2023-08-17 18:20I took a ride down by the Land of the Pilgrims this morning to meet up with a guy who I spoke with on the phone and he told me that he had some '39 and '57 Ford parts that I was looking for. He was a pleasant enough gentlemen who has obviously been around the block a few times and I really enjoyed the time I spent with him. I can't tell you enough how extremely pleased I was that he had all of the items that I was looking for (he even had one additional item/assembly that was not mentioned during our phone conversation that I never, ever thought I would find, at least without paying a million dollars for!), but even then, all the while, I felt a little uneasy. It was almost as if someone or something was watching me, I don't know how to explain it, (you know that feeling you get that something just isn't quite right) well it really creeped me out and made me feel very uncomfortable.
      After we had disassembled a couple of the items in his shop and loaded them in my truck we then went back in negotiated a final price, it's when I saw them! They were peering down at me, almost eerily, from a high vantage spot over the doorway. I swear I couldn't get out of there fast enough and I don't think I will ever forget those 4 menacing eyes watching my every move for the rest of my life! It felt like almost Deja Vu!! Or, maybe it was something even creepier like from The Deliverance! I ran out the door but managed to turn quickly and take this picture as I was leaving just as they pretended to look up and away; Oh the horror!!!

RICH MUISE

LOL, I'm sure glad you made it out safely. Spooky.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Distant relatives of Christine perhaps...?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

LOL, I know the feeling Guenther!
Jay had told me they had made the journey safely, but not without you having to jump through hoops; both physically and financially!  :angry9:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

That is correct Joe. Glad to have them here, but need to put a blindfold on them... :003:

Things have changed dramatically in the past 4 years. Prior to that it was easier and more affordable to order and ship goods from the US. Now it nearly has come to a halt. Shops refuse to ship overseas, postage rates are increasing all the time and customs have new import rules, because....( insert any favorite enemy).... :deadhorse:
They now do require a certificate of origin for the goods, and a Red Flag state is banned. With modern replacement parts being produced from god only knows what, in god only knows where....it is becoming very difficult to import steel or rubber automotive products. Luckily, the vintage 58 headlights were all made proudly in the US of A  :003:

Also there has been an approximately 250% increase in postage in the past 4-5 years. Today I would not be able to afford all the parts I did order for my 57s and 34s.
I am pretty much stranded with my 49 Merc and 53 Lincoln, concerning financing original or replacement parts orders from the US. We are back in an era like the 1970s or 80s when it was very difficult and expensive to order parts from the US.
A friend of mine is stranded with the restoration of his 32 cabriolet. His needs basically all the small bits and pieces replaced, and it would cost him probably more than he paid for the running, driving car as a project.
I have to say I am very lucky and thankful that I was able to afford both my favorite cars a 57 Ford wagon and 34 V8, when it was still feasible.

mustang6984

So...in keeping with that thought...if I am able to pull off my visit to drive my Courier around in Europe...should (as I get closer to being able to pull this off) conspire to bring parts in? I could hide them in Henrietta and bring them in.
Especially the small stuff. There are the cargo boxes behind the seats...and covered with carpet...no one unfamiliar with the car would ever know they were there.
Just askin'... :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

just saying.... :003:

Hugh, you will need all the trunk space under the flip up doors for your own stuff I guarantee. I loved those hidden spaces. Great for tools, spares, jack, sleeping bags and whatnot. everything you want to keep out of sight and off the rear sleeping area.
How about posting some more updates on your Delivery ?
When you are coming over for the trip. My spare parts shelf will be open to you, if you get stranded and need something like a ball joint or else that I might have in stock and will be much quicker to ship in Europe than to order from the US. As you know I have basically a complete Del Rio 2dr Ranch wagon in parts with most all of the spare parts I collected in the past 10 years. 
I can also probably get you in touch with shops and other collectors, just in case.

mustang6984

When I come over, it will be pretty much brand new, with only about 10k on it. I aim to travel annoyance free. New suspension, (that was actually put in back in '76...has never had weight on it though...so...we'll be checking it out closely) motor, transmission, rear-end set-up wiring (already have a new harness and body mounts)
As for needing all that space...only taking a couple of bags of clothes and one of basic tools. I was figuring the spare tire well will be available if needed to bring goodies. Just me coming...well...me and Sasha assuming I can get her cleared. Figured she might want to see the land she was born in. (Germany). Wife doesn't want to spend that much time away from home. She'll drop in for a week or so now and then, but otherwise, it is me and Sasha for about 6 months. When wife is with us, we'll do motel rooms or B & B's.

I am hoping for a '26 trip. We'll see how things go. Right now the SVO is on the build floor. Need to sand, primer, block sand and then paint it. Once reassembly is done, then back to the Courier and the Fairlane both.

I appreciate the open door to the parts department! Hoping I won't need them! LOL!!! Having them available...means odds are in my favor I will not.  :003: I am really kind of pumped about Austria and Croatia wanderings. Austria is BEAUTIFUL country. I have seen so many pics of it..."scenic" does not do it justice! And Croatia...history! Lots of it!
Thanks!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Getting ready. safety inspection valid. windshield cleaned, gas tank topped off. :003:

mustang6984

I'd swear it looks like it is mildly surging forward as if to say "C'mon man...let's go already!" LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker