News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Looks good! Once it's covered with mat and carpet...it'll look like factory original! LOL!!! If it's solid...then no worries...and I suspect it IS solid...given what I have seen of your other work!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Marc

Limey57

Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Günter
    The way that you cleaned up and painted the inner parts / top of the braces is very important.  That
will give them some protection. 
     You put a lot of time into those floor panels and it looks great. 
      Keep up the good work and continue to keep us posted.  We like pictures.
Jay

djfordmanjack

Thanx guys, I appreciate your compliments as this is a different route for me this time in not restoring it to OEM specs but making quite simple repairs to get this car streetlegal.
I had previously made a factory correct ribbed patch panel for the rear floor pan for the Del Rio, but decided it was going to take too long to make both and deep dished repair panels for the CS, especially since the repair area needed is tunnel to rocker width.
came up with an easier solution and now have patterns already for the right side.welds still need dressed.

djfordmanjack

made sure all the deeply rusted tin was removed and made the patch from 2 parts, making it easier to fit. This car is going to get used with Cruising 5 or 6 people so I wanted to have recessed rear feetwells instead of just making flat patches.

Lgcustom

It's really gratifying to see such meticulous craftsmanship. Just amazing!

RICH MUISE

Great approach. I'm wondering why the footwell area on the wagons are shaped so much different than my 2 dr sedan. I'm talking about the area between the footwell and the door that widens as it goes back making the footwell narrower. My sedan goes pretty much straight back there, but I'll take a look to verify what I said.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2017-02-08 08:05
Great approach. I'm wondering why the footwell area on the wagons are shaped so much different than my 2 dr sedan. I'm talking about the area between the footwell and the door that widens as it goes back making the footwell narrower. My sedan goes pretty much straight back there, but I'll take a look to verify what I said.
I noticed the same thing and wondered why. May be a difference between 2 door and 4 door models? In the one picture before the panel is installed it looks like the frame curves inward in that area?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

I have the same question about that and am going to take a look at mine today because they are original with no repairs.  I'm sure that Günter will explain that.  It does look like his frame slopes inward
at that point making the back wells for  the feet more narrow. 
     Günter  are you sure that you didn't install one of those no name brand X frames under that nice car when we were not looking?    We are waiting for a report. 

hiball3985

I need to do the rears on mine also ( thats what I said last year and the year before  :003: ). The previous owner did them but it's a home made mess. I already have the replacement sections and there is no angle like that.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Limey57

On mine I used VW Beetle floor pan panels as the recessed shape is similar to the Ford one.

Gary

1957 Ranchero

Limey57

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2017-02-08 03:43
made sure all the deeply rusted tin was removed and made the patch from 2 parts, making it easier to fit. This car is going to get used with Cruising 5 or 6 people so I wanted to have recessed rear feetwells instead of just making flat patches.

Now that looks neat!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

It really does....like I said in an earlier post, it makes me almost want to do another car. I really miss the cutting and welding stuff.