News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

F codes

Started by hemidave, 2017-07-03 20:10

Previous topic - Next topic

hemidave

I just wanted to follow up on the D/F code Sunliner that was supposedly found, whether that was just a rumor or if true, any more details on the car.   Thanks
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

Randyh

Definitely true,  it is currently undergoing restoration and should be done this summer.  The owner has said that it came with all of the original documentation proving the authenticity of being a D/F code.

hemidave

After searching for 25+ years, I finally found and purchased an "F" code Sunliner. I consider myself very lucky! It needs restoration, but has the original data tag, and correct #s on the frame.
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

RICH MUISE

A big Congrats!!  Some more info and pics would be appreciated by all, I'm sure.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hemidave

Thanks Rich.  A friend  informed me that he got a call from a guy in Alton, Kansas ( population 301) who had an F code Sunliner. The fellow had bought the car after he saw an ad in the local car trader, since his wife wanted a 57 Ford convertible, preferably red. It turned out to be an amateur resto, but was good enough as a local cruise car. After he bought it, he checked the data plate, looked up the engine code, and discovered he found a "jewel in the rough."  He inquired as to who was into supercharged '57s, and wound up calling my friend.   
The car will need a correct "F" engine and a full resto to bring it back to its former glory.

hemidave

Now I need this motor and a HD automatic trans.

Ray

Contact Jim Weatherly, (714) 525-9477. Weatherly Classic Cars or through ebay (olddudescarparts). I'm sure Jim can supply everything you need. He is a little difficlut to get ahold of as he is pretty much retired at this point but he will get back to you.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird