News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Give this section a workout

Started by AntiBling, 2008-06-29 21:28

Previous topic - Next topic

AntiBling

Well been too long since anyone posted in here, I'm the FNG, I picked up a '57, rust in the usual areas, but it runs well, needs a carb rebuild which I'm going to get done, and a ball joint, which it has a NOS one in the trunk. 

It also came with a parts car that has most of the areas I need for rust repair good on it.  Plans for it, get it air bagged, powdercoat the wheels black, get some bullets and wide whites for it, put in a hidden CD player, and drive the hell out of it. 

Oh the rear seats are seat covers, and he had some for the front seats but he took them off, I like the rear seat covers, anyone know where I can get a new set front and rear similiar to that style?

shopratwoody

Looks like you have a fun project and not too difficult to get like you want
it. It's nice to have a 57 to get the patch panels you need. At least they fit.
Good Luck
Ron  :004:
I hate blocksanding!

Marc

Nice ride! I've seen similar seat covers at www.automotiveinteriors.com but I've never bought anything there so I can't vouch for the quality.

cool57

If your doors are rusty I have all four doors for a Custom, all solid.

AntiBling

Just realized that I haven't updated this at all.  Well it's currently in the shop with the front end torn apart and me putting air bags on. 

The shimmy that the ball joints was thought to be the problem was actually the tread separating from the tires on the inside.  Got me a deal on some wide white wall bias plies and it rode like a dream for the summer. 

My first attempt at night photography.

Parked in it's spot at the shop, don't mind the mess it's not that bad now, just moving into a new shop when this was taken and not everything was put away yet.

And some shots from the louver party at the shop I took:

I know it's the wrong brand '57 hood but thought it came out pretty cool none-the-less. 

robhaerr

Man, I am not a fan of louvers...but that is very tasteful!

Nice, indeed.

Rob

57AGIN

Antibling:

Love the shop, it looks like you have plenty of room to work in.  I'm stuck out here with a two-car garage that is so full of stuff I can barely get my 57 inside.  Someday soon the dumpster is comming for an extended stay & fill up.

Bob
57AGIN

AntiBling

I just rent a stall there from my buddy, so I don't have a ton of room to work in and the shop is pretty full of vehicles.  But I get to keep working on it and I get to use all the nifty tools there like the louver press, english wheel, etc. 

F570RD

PBR me ASAP......Nice shop to use.You had said you were at the BTTF show in St. Paul a year or two back.Are you near the T/C area?

AntiBling

Quote from: F570RD on 2009-04-16 08:49
PBR me ASAP......Nice shop to use.You had said you were at the BTTF show in St. Paul a year or two back.Are you near the T/C area?

I live in Fargo right now.