News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wagon Rear shocks, source sought........

Started by Zapato, 2008-07-07 21:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Looking for a stock replacement pair of rear shocks for a 57 Wagon, Good buddy has been searching like crazy with no luck, even NAPA failed him. If you have a source let me know or he can be reached at 360-835-1932, ask for Mike, or e-mail at fairlanes@hotmail.com

Thanks!
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

shopratwoody

When I bought my rear shocks Pep Boys had all their shocks out where you could
go thru the boxes.Just going by the style and length I was able to buy Gabriel Air
shocks. I just run them at low pressure so not to jack the car up. Then I have the
option if needed. Worked for me more than once.
Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

57chero

I dont know what part of the country your from , but I got mine at the local schucks auto parts store there ( kyb gas GR-2) part #343131 for the rear, anybody that sells kyb shocks should have a listing.

briney

Zapato,

I purchased Air shocks from NAPA (Monroe Brand) NAPA Number MA708.
They were about about 89.00 for my Ranchero.  It's the same part for wagons too.

I don't know if you wanted that type of shock.

I hope that helps.

Patrick  / Dallas TX   :unitedstates:
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Zapato

:unitedstates:

Will pass on the information, Thanks a lot guys! numbers work when the idiot behind the counter doesn't.

Zap
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

bagboy

KYB here.Check out my thread on rear sway bar

dzinn1

Go to Advance Auto they have a Jap Brand like JPG, once they give you the number say by the way does this number cross to Monroe Matic Gas? Guess what? they do. I put a new set on my Ranchero. If you ask for monroes to start with, they are not available. Good luck.  :001: