News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ford FE race reunion at Beaver Springs PA.

Started by 59meteor, 2018-03-06 22:55

Previous topic - Next topic

59meteor

I would love to tow my race car to Beaver Springs Pennsylvania in late April, but considering its about a 50 hour drive each way, and my truck gets about 9 MPG towing, it looks like I will be flying in as only a spectator. Anybody here going? I am considering either flying into Pittsburgh, or maybe Detroit, as I would like to tour the Ford Rouge plant and Henry Ford museum.Any thoughts or suggestions for other day trips? I plan to be in the  area for at least a week or so. I really want to see the 8 second FE powered 58 Custom 300 of Randy Spohn.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

gasman826

I've visited 'The Ford' several times as well as the Rouge tour (Rouge tour leaves from The Ford so make a day of it).  You might also find the Ford Piquette Avenue Plant tour of interest.

troublemaker427

I will be there racing my 66 Fairlane.  I'm actually one of the creators of the event.  I had a dream of an all FE event and went to "Beaver Bob" McCardle who owns the track and it exploded from there.  I encourage anyone with a FE powered vehicle to attend.  I promise you will love it!!  It is much more than a race or a show, it is a true reunion of folks who love these great engines! 
Jody Aberts
Troublemaker 2
'66 427 Fairlane
9:22@145
'57 Custom Tudor 70A
'61 Fairlane 390-401
'64 Galaxie 500XL P-code
'66 F100 390