News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Fabulous Fords Forever

Started by rmk57, 2018-03-29 17:46

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

Heading down next week staying with friends in Whittier.  Very many 57's in attendance?

Looks like a few milestone anniversaries, 60 years of Edsel's, California Special 50th and also the 50th for the Cobra-Jet engine.

Should be  a good time!
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

57tudor

Spent the last 2 days getting tons of stuff done and ready for tomorrow, Sunday. All the goodie bags are packed and free Tee shirts for every registered participant. Bring your hang tag to the registration booth to receive those goodies.

This year we have the Boy Scouts Presenting Colors  :unitedstates: and the National Anthem. We have many other tasks for them to perform at the show. They will be earning their Community Service Merit Badge.

Rick
57 Tudor
:unitedstates:

hiball3985

I didn't make it but a friend did and sent me this picture. Anyone know if it belongs to a member here?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Hey Jim............That is Rick's car......Bob Lee's friend that has done most of the mechanical wizardry on Bob's car. Gorgeous car. Rick's forum tag escapes me at the moment....maybe 57tudor?? Bob's car should have been at the show as well.
Yep, 57 Tudor..........Check out the thread below this one
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-04-24 07:18
Hey Jim............That is Rick's car......Bob Lee's friend that has done most of the mechanical wizardry on Bob's car. Gorgeous car. Rick's forum tag escapes me at the moment....maybe 57tudor?? Bob's car should have been at the show as well.
Yep, 57 Tudor..........Check out the thread below this one
Thanks Rich, I see it now, I guess I missed that thread below..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

There were about 8-10 57 Fords there including an F-code T-bird and a clean 57 F100. This Del Rio was my favorite of the bunch, I really like the wheels.

Yes, 57Again's gorgeous custom was there to. They kind of group the 50's cars together so the 57 Fords are scattered, not all together. I guess if your trying to

jam 1500 cars into parking lot in an hour or two thats the way it has to be.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

That is beautiful! Those wheels may be the same Rocket Ignitors that I have on mine, except there's is a larger, and as-cast version.
The NSRA show I went to last week had 6 1957 Fords other than mine!! Good to see.
Just zoomed in on the wheels on that Del Rio, and I don't think they are Ignitors, maybe American Racing.
Speaking of Rio's......My next car show is in Rio Rancho, NM this Saturday. Not expecting to see too many '57's there as it's big time Chebbie country. Hopefully I'll get to see Chapingo's project car though as I'm meeting up with him Friday evening.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Hi Guys:

Yes, the 57 AGIN was at the 2018 Knott's Fabulous Fords Forever show.  I parked early as near to the Merchandise Booth where I was to help Rick after parking the cars for the show.  However, I found that the other 57's were all parked at the other end of the row.  Oh well, it turned out to be a very pleasant dat at the show although, neither Rick nor I were able to be with our cars.  Rick was parked in a prime location right in front of the Merchandise Booth along with the Ford Race Cars, so he could keep an eye out on his car all day long.  It was a very good show and I had an opportunity to meet with and buy an autographed copy of Al Jonec's new book.  The 68 Cobra Jet Mustang he won the 1968 Winter Nationals was also there on display along with examples of all years of the Ford 428 Cobra Jets.

rmk57

Looking forward going to next years show for the 50th anniversary of the Boss 302-429 Mustangs.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

57tudor

Hiball3985,

The Atlantic Blue car is mine. I was working in the merchandise booth all day except for my lunch brake in the lagoon. Yes. I have been a member for the last 15 years. I was in one of the newsletters that James use to do. Would be cool if he would do perhaps a quarterly newsletter. I'm sure many members have or had a project to write about. I know James has been building his 57 for several years now and that would be a good project article.

Rick,
57 Tudor.