News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

got my car weighed

Started by RICH MUISE, 2018-04-20 08:52

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I finally got my car weighed a few weeks ago. I was always curious what it would be with the aluminum block/heads/tranny. With me in it it came out at 3710. I weigh 160, had about 30-40 lbs of stuff in the trunk with tools and whatnot.........so about 3510 - 3520. I also had 1/2 tank gas, btw. I was actually expecting it to be a little lower.
Something else I got last weekend at the NSRA show in Oklahoma..........an NSRA safety inspection sticker! cool. This was my first time as an entrant in an nsra show, and I found out they have roving teams of inspectors, so you don't have to wait in line forever to get it done.  These inspections are quite different than a state inspection. Aside from the normal things like horn, e-brake,lights, they check all the things that should be checked on a modified car.....fuel line attachment, fuel and brake line flex hoses, proper fuel tank venting, copper tubing not allowed on brake and fuel lines, etc etc.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

I had mine weighed at the local dragstrip and I'm about 10-20 lbs. lighter. 1/2 tank of fuel, no spare tire and no other junk in the trunk.
It may even be slightly lighter with the Centerline wheels I use for drag use. It could be 3480-90 empty. Much lighter than I ever thought it would be.

Interesting to note that I have a completely different drive train than you do. 460, C-6, no P/S or brakes and no heater, air cond., radio, clock
and they came out pretty close in weight.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429