News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

ac brackets

Started by 62galxe, 2018-05-02 19:45

Previous topic - Next topic

62galxe

never liked the way the AC brackets on a FE put the compressor up high. Found a individual who makes a bracket that mounts low on right side. Its for the sanden compressor. You need to supply bolts and spacers.
Protocol Autoworks
tylerblankenship@yahoo.com

Ford Blue blood

That is simply outstanding.  A very simple solution to rid us of those UGLY cast iron compressor mounts!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

gasman826

great FE addition.  Much cleaner look and lighter.  There may be a reason for the aftermarket sanden pumps having two grooves.  I could not eliminate belt chirp until I added the second belt.

Wirenut

i like those brackets, how pricey are they? Thanks for posting them. It is difficult to find any that look descent and do not stick the compressor up so high.

62galxe

shoot him a email.

lalessi1

I used a billet type set up from CVF Racing. They give you a variety of setups for V belts or serpentine 8V belts. I am in they process of running my hoses now. The compressor is high though but it clears everything. My A/C system is using an early Mustang evaporator, Sanden type compressor, Vintage Air condenser and EZ Clip hoses and fittings. CVF stuff is a little pricey but nothing like March or Vintage Air plus it is modular allowing PS, AC to be added later.
Lynn