News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

what bolt pattern are these cars stock?

Started by bob1987f, 2008-07-15 17:29

Previous topic - Next topic

bob1987f

hello, just curious what lug nut bolt pattern my custom 300 has with the stock 9in and front end....

also im looking into a set of 15x7 torque trust II rims, and id like to know what size tire i can run on these. i think i read that they have a 3.5in back spacing.....i dont know what kind of backspacing is on my current 14 in slots but i have 225/60/14's and you can tell on the outer sidewall where they slightly rub (probably when that 460's blistering them)

anyway thanks

shopratwoody

Your car should be 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern. The tire size depends on the look you
want. (and what fits) The 15x7's are pretty wide for the front, as the centers are thick.
Witn 3.5 back spacing and the thickness of the center put it at about 4" to the
outside. Probably too much offset. It'll rub the fender when you turn unless you
run a real small tire. I had 15x6's on mine yrs ago setting stock or higher and they were
fine with like a 205x70. You just gotta try stuff before you buy it. I have 14x6 zero
offset with 215x60's with no problem and the car sits low. I used to buy cheap used
tires just to see what fit and looked good. Good Luck
Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!