News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-01-28 21:07
Sure would like to see a closeup of the headlight treatment on that Ranchero.
Are you really sure about that?  I'm kinda sorry I did see it. :(
BTW, we're still waiting for some more pix & info on that '32 you let go when you were 17.

(1) https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNTI86k3oj-1dctqOS3FUk5sWetiRw:1580270282650&q=ranchero+at+the+1958+Hartford+Autorama,+CT&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=firefox-b-1-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi_qOLG9afnAhVUvZ4KHRTaCyAQsAR6BAgKEAE&biw=870&bih=509

(2) https://kustomrama.com/wiki/Russ_Meacham%27s_1957_Ford

RICH MUISE

Yep, it's as bad as I thought. That car was only a year old when that pic was taken in Hartford.
That's the only pic I have of the '32. I knew nothing about it except I was told the steering was backwards......turn the steering wheel left to go right! I'm noticing the steering wheel is not on the car, but that may have been it in the passenger seat. The car was built in Acton, Mass. and passed around a few times. It was an Olds engine. 3 speed manual tranny, can't remember what from. That pic was taken in July, 1964.........I had just graduated HS that June. I think I sold the car for 250ish.........lot of money for me back then since I was making 1.35 minimum wage.
A while back, a Hamb member was posting pics of late 60's car shows in Boston, and there was a pic of a channeled cabriolet, but the pic was from the back end, so couldn't see if it had the flair over the (wishbone?) thingie. I did a little research on the owner's name, but came up with nothing. I was hoping to find someone who knew the owner or the car.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

The pic doesn't show enough of the car for me to see...but I am wondering if he moved the turn signal lights up out of the grill into the slot above the headlights? if not...WHY make that cave? I don't really care for it either. Ruins the flow of the design...which was pretty much flawless from the factory.   ???
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

i believe back then they would add scoops to custom cars to add modifications and getting more points at said competition car shows.
I don't know for sure, but believe that the white Fairlane HT could be John Norths, which later on got customized much more and built into the White Pearl and at one point sold to the singer Gene Pitney.

http://customrodder.forumactif.org/t2406-1957-ford-white-pearl-john-north

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hemidave

HOT T BIRD
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

Tom S

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-01-28 23:37
The pic doesn't show enough of the car for me to see...but I am wondering if he moved the turn signal lights up out of the grill into the slot above the headlights? if not...WHY make that cave? ...
There were lots of useless scoops & such on the overly & wildly modified 'customs' in the late 1950's & in the 1960s.

djfordmanjack

So I see you guys are not very fond of customizing 57 Fords....well.  :003:

upon asking Gene Winfield about 57 Fords here is what he had to say:
Quote"Well I like them and I had 57 Fords, but not many. there is not much you can do to them. already great looking from the factory, so why bother..."

haha...that's Gene. Still I would like to post pics of one of my favorite customized 57s. Geoerge Mitobe's Ranchero which was customized when brand new and painted by Larry Watson of CA. I have been looking at those pics for years and so many minute details pop up everytime. imho there was a lot of effort and clever thinking involved in the build.

djfordmanjack

oh forgot, it has Edsel taillights !

Jeff Norwell

The George Mitobe Ranch is a long time Favourite.. thanks for posting G!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

CobraJoe

hemidave

'40
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

mustang6984

Daytona in the late 50's?
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker