News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Oh Joe...that is a sad pic! English T-Bird I noticed.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Or it got t-boned so hard the steering wheel was moved over.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

To straight and well aligned with the dashboard to have been moved that far. And the roof line looks pretty straight. I think had it been t-boned hard enough to move the steering column all the way across the passenger compartment that the top of the car would have been severely wrinkled.

JMHO.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Actually it's from a book, In 1977, photographers Larry Sultan (USA) and Mike Mandel (USA) published a book of photographs entitled Evidence. Accompanied by an exhibition in the same year at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, this project was the culmination of a three-year search through the files and archives of over one hundred American government agencies, educational institutions, and corporations, such as the Bechtel Corporation, General Atomic Company, Jet Propulsion Laboratories, the San Jose Police Department and the United States Department of the Interior.
The original pictures Sultan and Mandel collected were made as documents and objective records of activities and situations: the scenes of crimes, aeronautical engineering tests, industrial experiments, among other subjects. Sifting through some two million images, Mandel and Sultan assembled a careful sequence of 59 pictures.

Evidence is, as the artists stated back in the 1970s, "a poetic exploration upon the restructuring of imagery." Pictures that once served a functional purpose in the world are, in this exhibition, stripped of their explanatory captions and institutional contexts, carefully sequenced, and presented as expressive artefacts. In this new setting, the images testify to cryptic and dubious rituals, to a culture of dehumanising, ambiguous institutional values, to mid-century industry regarded as a religion.
Although the exhibition carefully articulates the reading of the photographs in terms of their "documentary" origins, the photographs are reproduced without captions identifying specific images or their sources. The photographs here serve as answers to questions long ago abandoned. Faced with a world of mysterious events and unfathomable activities, we are provided with only the sequential narrative of the book and are actively required to participate in creating its meaning.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

FiveSevenLiter

Super Marauder beast.
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

SkylinerRon

Look at the garnish molding above the rocker and the stainless passenger window surround, somebody went through that window!

Ron.

RICH MUISE

It doesn't look to me like the steering wheel is far enough to the right to be a right-side driver. Did those t-birds have the swing away steering column? Also, the sill plate appears to be buckled, which would go along with being t-boned.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

'57 Skyliner
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-06-07 23:14
It doesn't look to me like the steering wheel is far enough to the right to be a right-side driver. Did those t-birds have the swing away steering column? Also, the sill plate appears to be buckled, which would go along with being t-boned.

Nope, first year for the swing away was 61, an option, became standard 62 - 66.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

djfordmanjack

Isn't it great to spend a joyful day out with your beloved family ?  :003:
Thinking that pops is only getting annoyed by parking next to a chebbie. Good move he has turned his back to that.

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2020-06-08 05:00

fdlrc

Yep Rich, at the Abbey. Yes the blues in my pictures are Dresden vs. the other blue, Starmist I think. Not same car for sure.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

hemidave

Dealer insentives
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

mustang6984

Free Uranium stock? LOL!!! Glowingly great idea!  :005:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe