News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

not really an old Ford pic, but an OLD FORD in a pic.
Been working on this 34 on and off for 5 yrs now, building it for a friend/customer and today we really took it out for a spin. reason for posting this, is. guys if you just heard that flathead V8 purring, romping and a stomping all around the mountains. just - wild !  :003:

mustang6984

Few things make one's blood pressure rie in a good way...but the sound of a purring Flathead...is most assuredly one of them! Lucky you G!   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

That car is just beautiful Guenter! Very impressive work. What flathead does it have?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

John Palmer

Nice car!

When I was a kid, I worked at a Ford Dealership from 1965 to 1971.  Charley Walters was the "old guy" mechanic that worked in the service stall next to mine.  He brought his lunch, and "a piece of a car" to work on during his lunch hour each day, "every day".  After five years, he had a 35, or maybe it was a 36 Phaeton  that looked much like the 33/34 you have in your photo.   It's a unbelievable amount of work to build a basket case.

Good job Guenter.

rmk57

Beautiful photography. What's the story on the houses on the hilltop in the background?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

djfordmanjack

thank you guys !
A tremendous amount of hours and money was dumped into this car, and we always wanted it to be a reliable driver, not a show car only.
Like John said it is overwhelming how many small parts make an open Ford Touring car and being it's a RHD Australian built model didn't make parts hunting any easier. The Flathead is a 1940 59A block, bored over .060, stock crank, milled iron heads and a slightly bumpy truck cam. electronic ignition and a single 97. It doesn't sound like much, but it is surprisingly peppy, without the need to over revv it or drown the barrels in gasoline. the 34 also has an inline Mitchell Overdrive, which is one of the greatest features I have witnessed in a prewar car. It gets the most out of the Flathead/39 toploader combo and provides a great rpm drop on the highway. I drove it for 80 highway miles or so constantly at 75mph yesterday. Doesn't matter if flat or uphill. around 2500-2800 rpm is just the sweet spot on this engine and it feels like she wants to cruise around the world literally. So - yes, those are incredibly good feelings and make up for all the hazzles involved before. :001:

Randy, that is the remains of the ancient Griffen castle in southern Austria. it was built in 12th century AD, and the rock is incredibly steep all around. Makes you wonder how they could carry up all those construction materials back then. today you would probably use a helicopter...when you approach the rock, the stone front is literally vertical in front of you. amazing sight !

CobraJoe

Absolutely gorgeous Gunther! Both your quality of work and the photography is amazing, you should be proud my friend.  :003:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

hemidave

Trick or Treating in the '50s
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2020-11-01 05:50
Absolutely gorgeous Gunther! Both your quality of work and the photography is amazing, you should be proud my friend.  :003:
Agreed for sure, AND I have to keep reminding myself his posts are written by someone for whom English is a second language. Guenter for president.........no wait..too late.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

Well thx Rich, but it's better that way anyways. I know that I would try to, but I can't guarantee that I could be equally fair to the GM people as well, I might be slightly biased to the Ford Community...  :002:

I hope this is not a political statement. :003:

hemidave

Great job Guenter, I always love the flatheads !
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

lalessi1

That flathead is a work of art! Beautiful work.
Lynn

mustang6984

Joe...LOVE that pic!  LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker