News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Quote from: rmk57 on 2020-11-22 18:46
  Well I'll be! I wonder how long it will be before Imgur goes the same way as Photobucket, as in charging for a subscription.

It is nothing to do with money, at least for right now, it is simply because you deleted it from Imgur after you used them to host it. If you want your pictures to stay visible to everyone you can not "Delete" them after you post them, they must remain in your Imgur photo album.
If you are concerned that your album might be getting too  large, just open up another one under a different email. I currently run four, 1 under mine, another under the wife's, and two others.

Your album should look similar to this: (Note the number of images I have in that album)

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

I don't think Imgur would make the same mistake PhotoBucket did.

Imgur makes money.
Not only does Imgur make money today, it has always made money. Founder Alan Schaaf told All Things D in 2012 that the only time that Imgur was ever "in the red" was when he paid the original $7 for the domain name. Since then the site has relied on fundraising, donations, a short-lived premium service, and advertising to stay profitable. For an image hosting site this is a remarkable performance when so many other sites have gone under or have been forced to rely on expensive premium subscription plans to retain users.

Brands can advertise directly:
The advertising on Imgur is on every page but this doesn't mean that it is overwhelming. Imgur runs a single advertisement on each page which provides an opportunity for brands to reach the masses on Imgur cost effectively without disturbing the Imgur user experience. Buying ad space on Imgur is easy and rates are relatively low. So how does Imgur make money with low ad rates and limited advertising space on their pages. That's easy: volume.

?on at least a billion pages a day.
Yes, that's "billion" with a "b". Imgur gets enormous traffic and is ranked among the 50 most visited websites on the planet. And make no mistake: a billion page views is a slow day on Imgur which, in 2015, served up more than 900 billion images to its users. That's an incredibly large audience to reach with clever display ads and for the brand or business that is seeking a way to reach out to the cutting edge of internet and geek culture, Imgur could be the perfect place - and especially if that brand is looking to reach young men.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

hemidave

'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

Got it now Dave!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

hiball3985

Things don't always go as planned
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

hemidave

'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

mustang6984

I want one!!!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hemidave

RICH MUISE

That particular Cobra definetly is looking like a wolf in sheep's clothing! Looks just like the same class as a tr or mg, lol. Is it me?..... this is the first time I've really noticed the flattened flares at the wheelwells. Maybe due to the sun casting heavy shadows.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

The original 260-289 Slab sided cars, The next spin off was the 289 FIA w/cut back doors for tire clearance as well as the lower oil cooler and longer roll bar front leg (this is also my favorite Cobra other than the Daytona Coupe!)

....I think you are used to seeing the 427 Semi Competition cars (S/C) with the big fender flares and the cut back doors

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the info Joe
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hemidave

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families !