News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveSevenLiter

Here are a few more.
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

Marc

Here are a few from a small CT show I used to enjoy going to:

Marc

Can never get enough assembly line pics

FiveSevenLiter

NOS Ford / Holman Moody SOHC fresh off the pallet sold for $140,000.00 a few days back.
I thought $30,000.00 was a lot when I was looking for one.
Terry
:canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

Marc

Came across this while researching bias ply tires.
Easy to work on, but there's gonna be some gravel in your face!

1 1CH.jpg

terry_208

Cool.  That shows the mufflers behind the tires.  My og were under the front floor boards.  It also shows the body mounts on the frame and the fuel lines running along the driver's side of the frame. 
Terry

Marc

I believe those are just resonators behind the rear wheels. The mufflers are likely not visible under the seat.

Marc

Augie & Ray's is still a popular drive-in restaurant in East Hartford CT.

SBH364E_BP18050112460_0001.jpg.jpeg

Ecode70D

Quote from: Marc on 2023-03-08 11:35I believe those are just resonators behind the rear wheels. The mufflers are likely not visible under the seat.

I remember in the old days when 57 Fords first came out that they had those resonators behind the rear wheels.and the mufflers were under the seat areas.  I also remember when the resonators rotted out,lots of guys replaced them with just a piece of straight pipe and it worked out just fine.   

RICH MUISE

I'm not really sure what the purpose of the resonators was. Better sound?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

59meteor

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2023-02-22 16:56Here are a few more.
That photo showing the light colored 55 Ford 4 door ,during the body drop, is interesting. Appears the hole in the firewall for the steering column looks considerably smaller than on a 57-59, so snaking the steering column and shaft thru that hole, while dropping the body onto the frame, seems tp be a lot like threading a needle.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

Marc

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-03-09 16:03I'm not really sure what the purpose of the resonators was. Better sound?

Not sure Rich. I think they're just supposed to make the sound a little smoother. Had them on my car years ago and the exhaust sounded ok, but I didn't miss them at all when I removed them.

Ecode70D

I have not given them much thought over the years, but now that they have been mentioned, does anyone have any idea why the resinators were on the 57 Fords inthe first place?
     One thing that I know for sure is that I'm not going to put them on my 57. 
Jay

CobraJoe

Supposedly, the resonators would change the engine sound, while the mufflers would reduce the exhaust volume. When combined, the resonator works with the muffler to create a more pleasant sound that isn't too loud or unpleasant.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ecode70D

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2023-03-12 09:27Supposedly, the resonators would change the engine sound, while the mufflers would reduce the exhaust volume. When combined, the resonator works with the muffler to create a more pleasant sound that isn't too loud or unpleasant.

Thank you Joe.