News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

picture posting

Started by hiball3985, 2018-07-04 11:39

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

How are you guys posting full size pictures, mine always look like thumbnails and I can't figure it out.
:dontknow: :BangHead:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

Photo bucket or a pic hosting joint Jim.... I used to use Photobucket... but they changed.....
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hiball3985

Thanks guys but I'm not going to take a chance of having my photos held hostage..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

ditto..............what a nightmare photobucket caused. That's a company that does no way deserves to be in business. Not necessarily the route others may take, but you have to ask yourself why do they do this for free?? Why take the chance? it's the old "fool me once, and it's bad on you, but fool me twice and....." So many forums with long, involved, time consuming to do, thread over the years that became totally useless and lost(some forever) when photobucket held them hostage. If nothing elso, think of the time guys (like Joe here) have spent putting together the threads to share with us. How many guys on the HAMB now deceased that the pictoral records are now no longer available. Not worth the chance. You have to at least ask why they're doing it for free.
Rant over
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Rich, they make money by tracking you and selling that info to advertisers etc..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

I learned my lesson with Photo****et; every picture I post using Imgur, is transferred into a Folder labeled "Posted Already". That way, I at least have a copy of everything I post.

And just so you know, a lot of those Photo****et images can be restored. One of the other forums I am a member on came out with a fix that works. Here's a link if you're interested: https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/19-suggestions-feedback-site-help/467474-your-guide-surviving-photobucket-apocalypse.html
If you are an Admin and have some dead threads that you would like to save and use a different host, it may be worthwhile.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane